Thursday, December 15, 2011

Santa Pictures

Last weekend, I took Lucky to PetSmart to get his picture taken with Santa. A few weekends before, Kevin and Leslie had tried to get Adelle's picture taken with Santa but had an epic fail. The kid was terrified. They couldn't even stand in line and get her warmed up to the idea of going to see the big guy without a total melt-down. Adelle is always so brave when Lucky is around and loves to walk him on his leash. We thought maybe if she saw Lucky with Santa it would change her mind...but we were VERY wrong!

She started off ok, there were dogs everywhere and she was excited to see Lucky. We put her down and she stood in line with Lucky on his leash until it was our turn. When it was our turn and there was no one standing between us and Santa, she instantly dropped the leash and just stood there and screamed her little head off.

Checking Santa out from a distance. Haha!

Two sweet babies!

At least we got a picture of Adelle with Santa in the same picture :) haha!
Lucky, on the other hand, was a GREAT sport. He sat on Santa's lap and even looked like he might have halfway enjoyed himself!

After the pictures, we needed to get some doggie Christmas gifts, so we let Dellie walk Lucky all over the store. He is so good when she is walking him- he walks very slow and stays right by her and doesn't pull her. She on the other hand, knows how to tug on the leash to make him do what she wants, and it's pretty adorable.

We had a lot of fun. She loved the cats and kept pointing at them saying "bobo!" and "bot!" (Her kitties' names are Gumbeaux "beauxbeaux"and Spot). She also liked to tell us that the kitties say "mow".

She also liked the fish and ran to all the tanks, pointing at the glass and saying fish fish fish.

She liked the birdies ok, just laughed and smiled at them.

She did not, however, like the mice (can you blame the kid?!?!). Look at her face and body language in this picture- it cracks me up...

On Sunday, Les came over and took our Christmas card picture. I love the way it came out. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful and talented best friend. If you only had seen what she had to do and say to make Lucky look so interested :)


After she left, Lucky posed perfectly in front of the tree without any coaxing so of course I had to snap a few pictures.


Well the Christmas present wrapping flurry has begun at Casa Jacobs. (One of my least favorite things to do!) I wish my Pee was here to wrap all of them for me like she did last year :)

Until next time, off to get my wrap on! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the blog and the Christmas card photo of two of my favorite people and my favorite granddog! Love and kisses. Mama

Unknown said...

Thanks Mama! I know, it kind of took the fun out of the surprise of our Christmas card pic, but oh well. :)

Anonymous said...

Me, too, COMH!!!

Jane said...

I just love all the pics of Dellie, especially the one of her 'checking' Santa out! Thanks so much for taking time to blog because I just LOVE reading! Janie

Unknown said...

Thanks Pee and Janie! I'm so glad y'all read and follow me... It really just makes my day when I see comments on here! :)