So, this week marked my 8th week and I started telling people at work. It is so funny to see people's reactions. Most scream and hug me. I have had a few tear up and a few jump up and down. They usually want to see the ultrasound pic, which I gladly share with anyone who would like a bird's eye view of my uterus. They are happy for me, and it feels good to have so many others to share our joy with. They want to share their own experiences with you and warn you about "what to expect". It's funny and I treasure each comment or experience they share with me.
Most want to know how far along I am and almost faint when I say 8 weeks. They say "two months, you kept this from us for two whole months!?!?!". I just laugh and tell them yes. To tell you the truth, it wasn't that hard to keep a secret. It was kind of nice walking around the halls and seeing my patients with this special little secret that no-one else knew about. Most of them also can't believe I'm not showing! This makes me laugh. I am 5'7 people! There's lots o' room in there for the little red bean, so of course I'm not showing yet. Many of them rub my belly even though there's nothing there, but I don't mind. I guess I should also get used to that!
I plan on starting my weekly updates this weekend as I will be 9 weeks. I got this super cute idea for weekly updates on a chalkboard from a blog I stalk: Jessica @ Little Baby Garvin. She is too cute and documented her whole pregnancy on a chalkboard, week by week. Now she has an adorable daughter and is blogging about her as well. I found a chalkboard at our local ICM and snatched it up on the cheap. (I will be posting a tutorial for that very soon!).
| Our first chalkboard update :) |
10 comments:
i have been looking for chalkboards that size everywhere for wedding!! where on earth did you find it?? it is adorable! love the blog! :) xo
Awe thanks!! It was actually an old framed picture I found at ICM (which is a goodwill-type store). I actually just primed the glass and painted the chalkboard paint right onto the glass! I used valspar chalkboard paint. I will be posting a detailed tutorial very soon :) thanks for stopping by! Good luck with finding a frame!
So excited! Love you!
Thank you "Um"!! Love you too! :)
A very merry Christmas, INDEED!!!!!
wow- congratulations! what a cute announcement on the chalk board! love this! xo
I love the chalkboard too! Can't wait for a tutorial.
Thanks so much! We are excited to say the least! :)
Thanks! You won't believe how much I paid for it! Planning on working on that post this weekend...
I know! Can't wait!
Post a Comment