Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Homeward Bound!

Trey had his first trip home to Louisiana on January 18th and wow what a trip it was!
My mom used to make signs like this for me when I would come home from trips in high-school and even when I would come home from college! It brought back lots of memories to see one on her door for Trey.

We left Friday night around 7pm, right after Trey ate. He usually does pretty good in the car, and that night was no exception. He snoozed all the way to Vinton, where we stopped to feed him and got back on the road where he slept again until we made it to Mama's house!


Saturday morning we woke up and headed to Zachary to see Aunt Angel, MawMaw and cousins Sara, Mary and her husband, Sy. We had a nice visit!

Saturday night we had a mini class of 2003 reunion at Satterfields! :)



Sunday, Daddy ran in the Louisiana Half Marathon with Nanny, Parrain and Papa Randy. 


They did really well and we were very proud of them. Thanks to Katherine letting us know about the "Find My Friends" app, we were able to track them and cheer them on along the way. (Thank you to Katherine for some of these photos as well!!) 



This was the winner of the Full Marathon running past us (notice he just passed Jim and Kevin!)  That is insane!






We also got to hang out with the Hoffman clan after the marathon was over.






Daddy had to head back home to Texas late Sunday and we really missed him all week. Thank goodness we could FaceTime and of course we sent him lots of pictures!

While we were home, we counted that Trey had 25 visitors!! That is so amazing that so many people love him and wanted to come meet him or see him again.

We had many of the O'Mearas come to see him on Monday and we took him to a restaurant (Hot Tails) for the first time. He did really well and woke up to eat while we were there and my cousin Katherine gave him a bottle. It was a great visit that we had.



Tuesday-Thursday we visited with more family and friends and patiently waited for Daddy to come home.

Wednesday, Trey went to the Island for the first time to his Pee's house! We weighed him on his great-grandpa's produce scale and it read a little over 12 lbs so we are anxious to see what Dr. P says he weighs at his appointment tomorrow! I love his facial expression in his picture, "seriously mom, what are you women doing to me now?!".

He met his furry cousins Tinks and Reggie (who was VERY curious and kept head-butting him, which is a big sign of affection, and sniffing him!)


 Thursday night, the Bonvillains came to visit! Emily and I were able to share our pregnancies and it was so fun to finally get our babies together. 

Check out this pregnancy progression!!
12 weeks pregnant
30 weeks pregnant at Emily's shower

33 weeks pregnant at my shower.
8 week old babies!
We had a little mini photo shoot with them in matching outfits that her mom gave us both. Trey's was getting a little tight, so I'm glad we got together when we did! They were born 3 days apart. Trey on November 27th and Jolie on November 30th. She is such a petite little thing up next to this big moose of Trey! I want to take a picture of them together every year- so cute!






We left early Friday morning to head to NOLA for the Krewe of Pontchartrain weekend. We met up with Laney, Renee and Sadie for lunch at Louisiana Pizza Kitchen for lunch. 


Then, we met up with more friends of ours that we hadn't seen in such a long time at Crescent City Brewhouse. It was especially great to see Misty as she and Aaron are expecting a little girl very soon! She looked fantastic but I can't believe we forgot to take any pictures!!! :( Trey did really well there too and pretty much slept the whole time until he woke up for a bottle.
Mike and Jim with their beer samplers at Crescent City Brewhouse






The city looks so beautiful with all the preparations for the Super Bowl!

The Tolers came down also to watch our parade. The kiddos LOVED it! I cannot wait until Trey is out there next year getting his fill of beads!

Saturday morning, Aunt Ellen and Aunt Sharon came to our hotel to watch Trey for us while we rode in Krewe of Pontchartrain. They had a great day and took him on an outing to stroll through the French Quarter and out for lunch. I am SO thankful for them. I missed him but did not worry about him one bit. That was the longest we have left him (almost 8 hours), but he was a champ!
He was exhausted after his busy day!


We had a great ride Saturday! The weather was PERFECT, albeit a little hot. 



This weekend brought another first for me. I have had beer and wine a couple times since having Trey, but Saturday I had my first liquor with our tradition of screwdrivers on the float. I might add that they were delicious!!! As the chronicles of a nursing mother continue, I had to pump before we rode, so I can check that off my bucket-list: pumping on a float! (Not that it was on my bucket list mind you). We also had to store my milk in the cooler with our screwdrivers so that was interesting. My, how times have changed... Our captain wanted to know if that was a new throw...I'm sure someone would have been mighty surprised to receive a bag of breast milk...


Sunday morning, Mama and Pee got up and got us Cafe du Monde to go while we packed up everything. Then we took a few pictures and got on the road.

Trey's first Mardi Gras and trip to NOLA were definitely a huge success! I am already looking forward to next year when he can go out to the parades! I guess we need to start working on getting him to say "Throw Me Something Mister!".




Trey did SO well during our trip home. I was worried he would get thrown off his schedule but we really managed to keep him on it well. He slept like a champ- even in our noisy hotel room since we faced Chartres and it was pretty loud at times. We were all SO proud of him.

We will not be traveling back home for a couple of months, so that will give us time to get used to me going back to work while sticking to our little schedule. We had a fabulous time and miss all our family and friends already! :(


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful week. I am so glad we were able to see you and trey TWICE :)

Emily said...

We had such a good time visiting with y'all! Miss you already! Love you!

Cindy said...

I always love it when y'all come home! It was great visiting with family and friends. It was nice having Mama and Trey home for a week- I know Daddy missed them!
Enjoy that little guy! Can't wait until our next adventure...
I love you all

Blondie said...

It was a fabulous family weekend!!! Thanks to Ellen & Sharon for helping to make it all happen :)

I agree with Cindy, looking forward to the next adventure . . .

Janie