Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween and Daddy's 32rd Birthday!



Halloween week was a little crazy for us, as I ended up having to have very unexpected surgery on Tuesday, and my mother-in-law had scheduled heart surgery on Thursday :(. Both of us, however, are doing wonderfully and are on the road to recovery!!!

But enough about that, back to the spooky and fun stuff.....

My mother in law's surgery was on Halloween, so Hubby, Grammy and Kev spent the day at the hospital waiting. Peet stayed home with Trey and I to ride herd on us as I had a follow up appointment with my surgeon as well.

We were playing the night by ear as the weather was supposed to be yucky, my MIL was in surgery, I wasn't feeling quite up-to-par AND Daddy was missing Trey's first halloween...All of which I was pretty darn bummed out about...

Well, I was feeling ok by Thursday night, so Peet and I decided to take Trey trick-or-treating as planned.



For his first Halloween, Trey was a crawfish and I must say, he was the cutest darned crawfish I have EVER seen.



I will also add, he's the ONLY crawfish I haven't wanted to eat! :)



He really hammed it up in his costume!





We met the Tolers at the Bonvillian's house and had sandwiches and chips and dip before heading out.

Trey eating dinner with his Monday-Friday siblings :)
We snapped a couple photos of the kiddos before heading out.





The Mommies turn :)



The little girls were adorable, as always!



Adelle had trouble reaching most of the doorbells, but with Sadie's help, they worked it out :)



The little boyees did really well in the wagon, but were tired and Trey was pretty hot by the end.



They really REALLY enjoyed the glow sticks (that is, when they weren't hitting each other with them, throwing them out of the wagon, or trying to eat them!!!)



Peet pulled their little hiney's all over the neighborhood in the wagon.





Peet, Trey and I ended up finishing our night up a little early, and went back to the Bonvillians to let Trey cool off for a bit before heading home.



We stopped at our neighbor's house on the way home for a more little trick-or-treating fun.



Although he was still a little too small to trick or treat this year, they gave Trey a sucker and by the photos below, I think you can tell that he liked it :) :)

First Sucker :)
Then, a couple days later- on Saturday, we celebrated Daddy's 32rd birthday!



We bought him balloons and worked hard decorating him signs and cards while he was at the hospital with Aunt Angel visiting MawMaw.


Peet made beef stroganoff , I made a Sopapilla Cheesecake and the Toler's came over. (Grammy, Peet and Angel were here as well!)



Trey had cake for the first time and LOVED it. Although I think all the sweetness may have given him a bit of a tummy ache when it was all said and done...



We had fun visiting and although we were all exhausted, we wished Jim the very happiest of birthdays :) He is truly one of the most amazing people I know and I feel blessed that he is MY husband and Trey's Daddy!





Looking forward to a few weeks of a more normal routine...that is, until the holidays! I cannot believe it is already November...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It was a busy week! You are right about Jim, he is a wonderful guy! I love you all

Blondie said...

Even tho it was busy, sounds like everyone had fun spending time with each other and celebrating health, happiness & birthdays! Hugs & kisses to everyone . . .

Janie