Well it's Wednesday and I think I am still re-cooperating from our weekend! We had an exhausting start to our week but we sure did have a fabulous weekend!
We headed home Thursday after work to mama's.
When we got there we were greeted by this adorable sign :) My mom has always made me signs like this when I would come home from camp, long weekends away, college and now after college with my family!
We spent Thursday night and after breakfast Friday morning, we headed to NOLA for Laney's wedding!
We pretty much spent our weekend doing all the things we can't do with a baby in tow...sleeping in, hitting up a few bars and fishing! :)
Friday morning, we got to the city in time to have a delicious lunch at Channing Tatum's restaurant Sinners and Saints. We started with the crawfish pie for an appetizer which was a tad greasy but really good! Jim had the BBQ shrimp and grits and I had the crawfish mac and cheese. Everything was SO good! We enjoyed sitting on the patio facing Bourbon St. and people watching once we were done with lunch.
We decided to walk around and do a little shopping after lunch. It was an absolutely beautiful day so we walked around the Quarter for a while before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.
Jim found a new store selling nothing but hot sauce and salsa...he was pretty much in heaven.
Greg works near where we were staying so he met us and we actually rode with him to the wedding as Renee was in the wedding.
It was a lot of fun catching up with the two of them since we hadn't seen them in a couple of years.
Laney was gorgeous and the wedding was absolutely beautiful.
We had the best time laughing and dancing!
And as if your wedding day isn't totally exciting on its own, Drew Brees was at the Ritz where the girls were getting ready and was gracious enough to take some pictures with Laney on her big day!!! SO awesome!
When we got out of the church after the wedding we heard of the passing of Christine Rotolo. Our hearts go out to the Musso and Rotolo families. I was so sad thinking about her kids having to grow up without their mom. I have always considered her another of my aunts. My heart was definitely heavy Saturday morning, but we prayed about it then tried to have fun during the rest of our trip.
We slept in Saturday morning and then FaceTimed with our little pumpkin before heading to breakfast. Of course during our trip, GG and Puh kept us in a steady supply of pictures of our little man and what fun they were having!
We ate at "The Grill" which is owned by the same people who own the Camellia grill and runs the same way. It was delicious of course!
After breakfast we did a little more shopping and picked up some sussies for our godchildren and Trey.
We were planning on going to Killer Po Boy for lunch (in the back of the Erin Rose bar), but we were so full from breakfast we skipped out on lunch.
Saturday around lunch time we started our own version of the New Orleans Famous Drink Tour. We decided against needing to have a Hurricane and a Hand Grenade (for obvious reasons) and decided on the Ramos Gin Fizz, Sazerac, Vieux Carre and Pims Cup.
We started at the Sazerac Bar in the Roosevelt hotel and Mike came and met us here.
Drink #1 was the Ramos Gin Fizz. This drink was Gov. Huey P. Long's favorite drink and the ole gov'na and I surely did have something in common besides our fierce love for the LA because this was hands down my favorite drink!
In fact, I loved it so much, I considered having another while the boys had drink #2 but I didn't.
Drink #2 was the Sazerac. I had a sip of Jim's and that was enough for me. Lizzard was NOT a fan.
Our next stop was the Carousel Bar at the Hotel Monteleone to get drink #3, the Vieux Carre, but the bar was packed and had no free seats. We tried the second bar in there but the bar tender grossed us all out so we left and re-grouped where we would head next.
Since the Vieux Carre was another strong rye whiskey-based drink, we decided to skip out on this one too and headed to Napoleon House.

Here we had drink #4 the Pimms Cup!
Here we had drink #4 the Pimms Cup!
This was scrumptious too and I think it was the guy's favorite. We each had one and then took one to go and made the long walk to our last stop- Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop.
This stop was actually just added at the end because we were having so much fun and it was a gorgeous day so we didn't mind walking so far to get there.
This stop was actually just added at the end because we were having so much fun and it was a gorgeous day so we didn't mind walking so far to get there.
We hung out there for a while and all had a "Purple Drink" then Jim and I headed back to the hotel to get ready for supper at Dragos and Mike headed home.
On our way back to the hotel, we passed "Jimmy J's!" Y'all didn't know my hubby had a restaurant now did you?
Of course Dragos did not disappoint with the chargrilled oysters and our entrees were really good too.
By the time we ate, we were super full and really tired from our drink tour. Plus, we had to wake up really early the next morning to go fishing so we headed back to the hotel to pack up and get ready for our early morning.
We were up and at Joe's Landing in Lafitte at 6:30, ready to go. Kory Matherne (who dates Mike's cousin) took us out. We started fishing for trout but didn't have any luck so we switched to using shrimp to fish for red fish.
.JPG)
I had SO much fun reeling in these big fish!
.JPG)
I don't even remember what kind of fish this is but it was big enough to keep and it's sitting in our freezer now :)
.JPG)
Jim caught 1 or 2 keepers out of a total of about 5 fish.
.JPG)
I had SO much fun reeling in these big fish!
I don't even remember what kind of fish this is but it was big enough to keep and it's sitting in our freezer now :)
Jim caught 1 or 2 keepers out of a total of about 5 fish.
Let's just say it may have been because Kory was casting for me the majority of the time, but I whipped up on all the boys. I ended up hitting my limit on reds but we can't say the same for the boys!! :)
We ended up with 8-10 keepers that Kory cleaned for us and we brought home.
We actually grilled one of our fillets on the halfshell last night and it was SO good.
We headed home after a long day of fishing to see our little man. He helped GG and Puh make these cupcakes for us!
He had so much fun hanging out in New Roads and actually cried his eyes out when we left GG's house the next morning.
3 comments:
So glad that y'all had such a wonderful time in NOLA! We had such a great time with our Lil guy-already thinking about new adventures for the next time he is here! I love you all
I miss me some him!! Tickles me that he cried when y'all left. Tee sha Bebe...
I miss me some him!! Tickles me that he cried when y'all left. Tee sha Bebe...(Puh Puh)
Post a Comment