If you are a parent, you know that every day is not a sunny day. In fact, if you have a toddler your days may be not so sunny more often-than-not.
A couple of weeks ago Trey was in THE silliest little mood.
About halfway through the day, I started writing down all the funny things he was doing this particular day so I wouldn't ever, ever forget them.
Here is how that day went down...
We went to the gym and it was pretty unremarkable...Trey was brave and I got a good workout in before we headed to run some errands.
First stop, Target, where Trey kept asking for a "wrise" (surprise) over and over again. He kept pointing out things then changing his mind before deciding on a fruit snack (no surprise there if you know Trey!).
After Target, we headed to Chic-Fil-A for lunch and so Trey could play before we headed home for his nap. He climbed right up into the play-place and started playing with the other kids.
After a couple trips up and down the bottom part, he followed the bigger kids all the way up to the slide. I could hear him talking and laughing up there so I knew he was having fun but he wouldn't come down. I was just trying to figure out how to get him down when Danielle, Hallee and Reed showed up- just in the nick of time! Hallee and Reed climbed right up there and got him to slide down with them. He had THE biggest slide on his face.
When we got home, I could tell he was tired, but he went into the kitchen, opened the pantry, pulled out his Carnation Breakfast Mix and told me "mama, dink". (We call his milk with carnation instant breakfast mixed in his "drink" to differentiate from milk) Well ok, Trey, "Dink" it is!
He took a good 3 hour nap (as usual) and woke up all smiles. We were playing in the living room when I got a little cold. He looked at me and went and got me a blanket out of the crate and covered me up. Sha little boy! I mean, I do always have a blanket, but he is pretty observant.
I decided I needed a little snack and got myself a nectarine. Trey asked for some, so I cut him off a piece. That is when he cried and told me "no". I realized he wanted to eat it like me...
When we watch TV, he usually asks for "grrrrr" or "MoMo" (Sesame Street), "Why" (Super Why), or "Ahh Ahh" (Curious George). Today he kept roaring over and over again and pointing to the DVD player. It was then that I realized Sara had sent him home with one of her Baby Einstein DVD's and what was it about? Animals of course- packed full of Lions and Tigers "rawrs". Unbelievable...
When I was trying to play his movie, I couldn't find the remote. When I finally found it, I noticed the back had been removed and the batteries taken out. I immediately knew who the culprit was so I innocently asked Trey where the batteries were. What was his reply? "Hiding! Hiding Mama!" Really Trey? Wow...
A little later, I was in the kitchen getting his dinner ready. I usually give him a few options and then pick a few things myself to offer him. Well, he really didn't want anything I was offering him, but he opened the freezer and chose chicken nuggets and a waffle for dinner! I surely didn't feel like that was the best dinner ever but I pick my battles....don't you know, he cleaned his plate!
After dinner we let him watch one more show before we turn the TV off for the night. He chose this particular movie about Elmo and the ABC's. There is a pretty long song during the movie that he loves to dance to. This night, he wanted me to dance with him, but he was sure to correct me if I wasn't doing dance moves he liked...This kid!
We finished the night in his new Wes and Willy PJs that I am pretty obsessed with!
Are they not the cutest things?!
I can't even remember life without him. He makes our days sunny and life worth living. I love his silly personality and feel so blessed that I get to be his mama.
1 comment:
Sunny days indeed ☀️! Everyday is full of surprises when you live with a toddler! I love you all
Post a Comment