Monday, October 13, 2014

Toddler Pre-School

Trey started Pre-School the last week in August. I cannot believe he is old enough to be doing this! 


But first, lets back up a bit...every since I had to go back to work, his "Rara" has kept him at her house and I knew this would be a HUGE transition for us all. 

These pictures were taken on the way to Rara's house on Trey's last day there :)


He walked up to her house for the last time...


...and looked SO much like a big boy!


When I picked him up that afternoon, she had made him this sweet book with pictures of all their adventures together and had given him a book about "keeping you little". I am just glad I waited until I got home to open it as it made me cry like a baby!


His last day at Rara's was a Thursday and he started Pre-school on Monday.

Of course, like all the other Mama's out there, I made him a little chalkboard to hold up the morning of his first day.

We also got him a backpack with his name on it, complete with an "allergy tag" (even though his school is nut-free) and also a nap mat. He doesn't need a lunch box as his school provides him with lunch (and breakfast if he needed it) daily.


He was more than happy to hold his little sign and pose for us on his first morning of school, but did not want to wear his backpack, which was fine with me. 


We took quite a few pics then loaded him up into the car. He was sad when he saw Jim get into his truck, but was excited when we got to school and he saw Daddy was there too!



A quick little family photo, then into school we went!



We got to go to the back and meet his teacher, Mrs. Doria and he is in the Cranberry class. We had visited his school quite a few times, but we weren't sure who his teacher would be yet. We turned in all his paperwork and were handed this adorable cookie on the way out!

I called to check on him once during the day. (I was really worried about nap time since he usually naps 3+ hours at home and they are only allotted 2 hours for nap).

He did great all day- ate well for lunch and loved to dance at the pep rally (per his teachers report!)

They gave him a cookie to take home and of course he broke into it before we even made it home...


This was his artwork he made on his first day :)


And this is what he looked like soon after we got home! haha :)


Since starting school, I am amazed at how much he is learning! Within two weeks he learned three colors and could count to five consistently. He is branching out and trying more foods, which is a huge deal for us!


He comes home with the cutest art work and is just SO proud of himself when I pick him up in the evenings.


They have a program called "keep in text" where they will send you at least one photo a month of your little one at school. I LOVE this and this is the first photo we have received through the program. I love being able to peak into his little world while he is at school.


 I am so thankful we found this place (Rara is actually the one who found it for us!). And I am also extremely thankful they are nut-free as Trey has a newly-diagnosed peanut allergy.

Overall, I am SO glad we decided to put him into preschool and cannot wait to see what the next few years hold for him.





2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love hearing about Trey's adventures at school! I am so glad I was able to tour the very organized facility and meet the staff. I love you all

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.