Saturday, February 14, 2015

19-21 Weeks {Baby #2}







21 week appointment: Our anatomy scan was last week and we had the best time! Trey was a little angel and thought it was super cool to see the baby on the "big TV". The radiologist was super sweet with him and gave him a sucker and let him say all the colors he saw on the screen when he showed us the blood flow in and out. Our ultrasound tech was also super good and also scanned me once the radiologist was done to be sure she could give us some good profile shots. 

I was a little concerned because I have already been feeling some pressure and pains "down there". Dr. Hurtado assured me most of the pains were just growing pains and that the baby looked good on ultrasound. She did tell me that I am carrying this baby VERY low (even lower than I carried Trey) and that a support belt would probably be a good idea at this point.

Dr. Hurtado told us that since I was exposed to hand foot and mouth while I was pregnant, we should go to see a special peri-natologist to get an echocardiogram to make sure the baby's heart was not affected by the virus. I am SO nervous about this, but glad our Dr. is so through and cautious. We will see the specialist in three weeks.
Headed to the Dr.!
Trey and Daddy kept busy on the ipad until it was our turn!
Baby's sweet leg (the tech was very careful to not show us any boy or girl parts)!
Sweet sweet profile shot!
Sort of creepy alien-ish shot but still sweet!
PROUD BIG BROTHER!!!
Total weight gain:  14 lbs (17 lbs thus far with Trey)

Maternity clothes? Heck yeah! Maternity pants, shirts and bras. Bring on the elastic! I have also started to wear Jim's PJ pants to sleep in because they are SO comfy. I also started wearing a support belt when I am on my feet a long time or doing a lot of walking and it has really helped.

Sleep: Sleep is still great but have been falling asleep on the heating pad  every night. Also taking a short nap on my days off and on weekends has been a life saver! I also lay on the heating pad for these naps as well. 

Best moment(s) the last few weeks: Getting to see our little person on our anatomy scan last week was amazing! Also I am pretty sure we have both our girl and boy names picked out, yay!

Movement: Yes! Feeling big movements daily, but especially first thing in the morning and at night when I am laying down. Baby moves a lot when big brother is being crazy loud. Jim, Mama and Pee were able to feel the baby move from the outside as well! If I am very still, I can also see my belly moving around already when the baby moves a lot.

Food cravings: Nothing really the last few weeks. I had been a little under the weather, so I was indulging in more sweets than usual, but that was more for comfort not a craving :) The one thing  I was craving was king cake, but after a trip home, that has been squashed (over and over and over again). This baby may be purple green and gold when it's born!

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope! Thankfully!

Gender: Have felt like this baby is a girl from day 1, but we are going to be surprised when the baby is born!

Symptoms:  Hip and back pain continues. Also some pains/pressure down there but the support belt has really helped out with that.

Happy or moody most of the time? My mood swings have evened out, thank goodness!

Anything new? Not really, I think I already listed everything new above oh except for the fact that the top of my belly button is starting to flatten out- already! Ugh. It hung on for dear life with Trey but I don't think I'll be that lucky this time around!

Trey's adjustment: He is still liking loving on baby Kermie. We have shared our baby names with him and he says them in the most adorable little voice. He loves to help me rub lotion on my belly, and hug and pat the baby as well.

Looking forward to: Keeping growing this little love bug!!

Trey loves to sit on  my lap or next to me but he likes to make sure he has some body part touching my belly :)
Sweet sweet snuggles


Baby bump doing a little shopping on Magazine St this weekend!
Love this sweet shot my mom captured of us along the parade route on Sunday and LOOK at that BELLY!! :)

Our next update will include the information from our visit with the specialist. Please keep us and this sweet baby in your thoughts and prayers!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Love the pics-especially the one with Trey on Kermie's bed! You all are always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you all