Trey's big boy room was an idea in my head that I thought would be a work in progress. I thought it would take us a month or so to get it all set up but once we started, it all came together so quickly!
We were planning on getting rid of our current full sized bed in the guest room and making Trey a new full sized bed out of some old doors we have. Well, after talking to my cousin, Katherine, I decided it would be better for us to get him a twin bed with a trundle to give him more room to play.
I am SO glad we decided to do this as I think it is just perfect in his room! We now have an extra twin bed for guests and our queen sized air mattress as well we can blow up.
Once we decided to get him a smaller bed, I started scouring Craigslist for a good deal. I ended up finding one almost immediately and was super excited! We bought his bed and he wanted to sleep in it immediately so we had to go the very next day to get him a new mattress for it :)
Here are a few pictures of his new big boy room which he is pretty much in love with (and truth be told, so are we!)
| Big boy bed and his metal Louisiana sign from the Gros family. |
| View of his room from the doorway. |
We put his great grandpa's footlocker at his bedside to use as his nightstand. We used this as a side table in his nursery as well when he was just a tiny little tot.
His tee-pee fits perfectly in the corner of his room and I think it looks completely precious.
We made him some little book ledges to put all his favorite books on. Jim made them and I painted and distressed them. We also added a little twine above the ledges to hang up some of his artwork.
I got him this old dresser from an antique store a while back and love how it looks in his room. I also used his lamp from his nursery, old fan and a photo of he and Quinn on the dresser. Above his dresser, we hung the old typewriter tray that was originally given to my mom by Aunt Mo and hung in my room as a child.
I always used this as a shadow box as a child and now it is being used the same way in Trey's big room. I love all his little animals, cars and trains on it.
Here is a close-up of the sign that hangs above his bed.
Here is a close-up of his little gallery wall. It has a mixture of old and new and most of these things hung in his nursery just in different spots.
Trey LOVES his new room. We find him playing in there daily. He especially loves this train set that my co-worker gave him. It was her sons and she passed it down to Trey on his birthday this year.
He also thinks it is super cool that he can stand on his footlocker to turn on and off his light- thankfully he is usually very careful when he does this.
He loves his bed and we have spent LOTS of time reading books in here before naps and bedtime. We put a pool noodle under his sheets to keep him from falling out of bed, but it is not working as well as we had hoped. He has only fallen out once or twice but once he hit his head pretty hard on the footlocker-oops!
I am just SO thrilled with the way it turned out and am so glad to have our big guy all transitioned over before the new baby is here!


1 comment:
I love Trey's big boy room! It is so cute how he likes to show you everything in his room! I love you all
Post a Comment