In our current house, I do not have either a staircase or a huge naked wall appropriate for becoming a beautiful gallery wall. I do,however, have a nice, long hallway.
Soon after we got married, I added a few large frames with wedding and other photos that I love. About a month ago (and after much Pinteresting) I got a wild hair to add to our gallery wall. I had quite a few little tchotchkes around the house (a glass fleur de lis given to me by one of my dearest friends-Brittany, a wooden circle that holds the precious infant hand print of my godchild, a photograph of a leaf taken my my oldest niece, a cross given to me by my mama, etc).
These items were previously scattered around my home but now have a significant place of honor among my favorite photos. The gallery wall also serves to help hide our door bell ringer and something else on the wall that I have no idea what it's purpose is... I still need to go through the frames and replace some of the photos but at least the wall is complete... For now!
Gallery Wall in our hallway
Close-up of some of the wall :)
Y'all know I can't leave well-enough alone... I have since added to our gallery wall. I have a (slight) obsession with silhouettes. I just love the vintage look of them.

My mom dug out one she had done of me when I was 3 years old at my Nanny's house. It had gotten a little wet but thats ok, I think it adds to the vintage look of it.

She also found one of my dad when he was 7, too cute!
O'Meara family- does my dad's profile look just like Chris or what! The paper had yellowed (likely from it being 50+ years old) and I think it also survived the fire at my grandparent's house back in the 90's...so anyway, I had to match some paper to put behind it to fit it in the frame, but considering, I think they look pretty good. What do you think!?
I also added a super-cute new picture of my cousin's family that she sent with their Christmas cards this year (Thanks, Kat!) to the frame that I took my dad's silhouette out of. I put it between the cross and the doorbell thing-a-ma-jig. (we're very technical around here)
Completed! (For now at least!)
Y'all know I can't leave well-enough alone... I have since added to our gallery wall. I have a (slight) obsession with silhouettes. I just love the vintage look of them.
My mom dug out one she had done of me when I was 3 years old at my Nanny's house. It had gotten a little wet but thats ok, I think it adds to the vintage look of it.
She also found one of my dad when he was 7, too cute!
O'Meara family- does my dad's profile look just like Chris or what! The paper had yellowed (likely from it being 50+ years old) and I think it also survived the fire at my grandparent's house back in the 90's...so anyway, I had to match some paper to put behind it to fit it in the frame, but considering, I think they look pretty good. What do you think!?
I also added a super-cute new picture of my cousin's family that she sent with their Christmas cards this year (Thanks, Kat!) to the frame that I took my dad's silhouette out of. I put it between the cross and the doorbell thing-a-ma-jig. (we're very technical around here)
2 comments:
I love your silhouettes, Liz. I never realized the similarity between your Dad's and Chris' profile. Your wall looks great.
Can't wait to see you and Jim on the 26th.
Thanks Aunt Sharon! I never saw the resemblance before either, but I absolutely see it now... We are excited to see y'all too. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment