I have had a great birthday, one that probably ranks up there with the best of the best. It started with cheesecake from my godmother and pecan pie from my sister in law and wonderful and thoughtful gifts last weekend. It continued last night with a super special surprise from the Hubster! He came home late (after telling me he got caught up at work) and after telling me he got into a fender bender. He got me outside (in my PJ's I might add) by "needing my help" to see if there was any damage to his brand-spankin'-new truck. I searched around for a good flashlight then finally made my way outside to check it out. When I got out there I saw a huge Christmas tree in the back of his truck!! Yep- the man got me again! I think that why he loves to surprise me- because I am so dern gullible. So anyway, we carefully carried the big boy inside and decorated it while we watched the Saints put a good ole fashioned butt whippin' on the Giants! Who Dat! It seriously took us almost 3 hours to finish this beast but I'm very happy with the results.
This morning at work, my wonderful fellow RD brought me my most favorite Starbucks (skinny vanilla latte) and a super-fab eye shadow pallet from Sephora... I am really going to miss her! Even though I had to sit through our dreaded every Tuesday DRG meeting, all the lovely texts, calls, voice mails and emails made it that much easier to tolerate. This was my first birthday in a while without Facebook. I must add that it was nice to get calls and texts rather than FB posts! It was very touching to see who all remembered my birthday without the Facebook reminders :) I have the best friends and family ever!
Then tonight, my best friends and my godchild came over for stuffed pork chops and huge "cup cakes" the Hubster surprised me with. I love them to pieces and love that they live so close-by. I saved all the "Dellie-friendly" ornaments for the bottom of the tree and let her finish the decorating. She liked to take all the stuffed animal ornaments off and pile them into one little spot on the tree. She also liked to say "oohhhh" and "perty" while pointing to the tree....sweet girl.
I have also finished decorating the house for Christmas! Pics to follow soon, I promise, but for now, this birthday girl is sleepy-tired and is heading off to bed. Good night!
2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Liz! Sounds like you had a special day. Yay for Christmas decorating!!
Awe thanks! We had a lot of fun. Will we be seeing y'all for Christmas?
Post a Comment