After the game we headed back to New Roads for the Coon Fest. My Major family's yearly bonfire which consists of huge pots of gumbo, a big bonfire, hay rides, lots of adult beverages, countless stories (some of which we think are actually true), tons of desserts, 3 generations of Major familiy members....which is all lovingly referred to as the Coon Fest. This is one of my favorite memories from growing up and I am so glad we got to go this year. Jim's family also came out this year, which made it even more special!
Saturday morning we got up early and Jim dropped me off at Emily and Andrew's new house for their Christmas Shower. This was absolutely the sweetest shower I have ever been to. It was so good to see them and their familes. The Tiller family took me in as another one of their daughters when I was living in Baton Rouge and they will always hold a special place in my heart because of it. Emily and Andrew's shower was just perfect and they got so many good things! I cannot wait to be a part of their big day in February!
While I was at the shower, Jim went to Zachary to hang out with his family. When the shower was over, we picked up our dresses for the wedding (which are simply stunning!!!!), and Jim and I headed to Louisiana Nursery to get our new cypress swing for our patio (thanks Mama and Pee!!!).
Sunday, we headed home with full bellies and heavy hearts as going home for any extended period of time always makes us pretty homesick.... It made us realize how much we have to be thankful for.
I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment