Channeling my inner Marissa over at Lets move it mommas this week and getting my rear in gear! Marissa is SUPER motivating and her blog is one of my favorites to read when I'm feeling unmotivated, lazy or overwhelmed with trying to do it all.
She has a great 4 week challenge posted on her blog today that I plan to be a part of. I am also asking all of you to join me in this challenge!!
We have a 5k coming up on October 19th in memory of our sweet angel cousin, Braxton.
Last year, I was 8 months preggers with Trey for the run, so I walked Lucky-Dog in the 1 mile fun run/walk. This year, Trey is tagging along with the Hubs and I and we are all dong the 5k!
It may sound small to some people, but last week I logged 6 miles. I was proud of myself! I feel like you have to start somewhere and so after a couple week hiatus from running or working out, I just jumped right back into it.
This week started out a little rough with us getting rained out yesterday after only a .5 mile run :( And when I say "rained out" I mean more like we got stuck in a torrential downpour!!! It was the kind of rain where I was afraid my iPhone was going to drown.
We went for a short walk today with the peanut and took him to the park so we could all get out of the house and get a little fresh air after all the rain we've been having. It was very humid but with a little bug spray, we worked it out.
Tomorrow I plan to jog with my favorite little running partner after work. I find if I plan ahead, I am way more likely to actually get out there and do it!
| Seriously- look at that little face! Best jogging buddy EVER! |
Thank you to Marissa and all the Mamas out there moving to motivate us all. Y'all rock!!
If you have any favorite fitness or health blogs, please share them below! We, as women, really should band together more to motivate each other!


3 comments:
Go Momma! I am NOT a runner by any means. But I have got to get my butt back into shape! I started my own little 30 day challenge yesterday. Since I go to work early and get off late, I find it hard to fit in an actual workout. So I decided to try squeezing it in throughout my day. I found 30 day challenges on Pinterest for squats, crunches and planks. It tells you exactly what to do on each day. I also started recording my food intake on My Fitness Pal app again. So we shall see what happens in the next 30 days!
Girl, I hear you! It's SO hard, but definitely worth it. I've learned that too... that we just have to fit in workouts that work for us. You know I'm not a runner either but I've been making myself do it and believe it or not I am starting to enjoy it! I have really seen a difference in my last little remaining baby belly the last few weeks so that is definitely keeping me motivated! That 30 day challenge sounds cool- I will have to check it out! Thanks for the heads up!!
You geaux girls!!! While us "oldies but goodies" have "belly fat" and "butt bumps" we still need to get out there and 'do the deed'!!! We're all in this together and let's put on those shoes and 'make it happen'!!!
ps ... can you tell I LOVE Project Runway!!!
Janie (belly fat, butt bumps and proud of it!!!!)
Post a Comment