Saturday, December 21, 2013

Pre-Christmas Festivities

We have really been trying to get into the Christmas spirit around here!! 
(Which, doesn't take much since Christmas is pretty much tied with Mardi Gras for my favorite holiday).



We've been having so much fun, I felt like I needed an entire post to be able to share it all with you!



Trey assisted me in getting out all our Christmas cards in a timely fashion this year!


We got our turkey from work and Trey enjoyed climbing on it before we put it in the freezer.


I wore my Christmas scrubs to work everyday leading up to my two weeks off!


Trey and I also matched with our new Santa shirts!


Turns out, Trey loves Christmas just as much as his Mama does. He is enthralled with everything Christmas- from lights, to trees, to yard decor and even Santa. 

He enjoys decorating and re-decorating with "his" ornaments at the bottom of our tree.



He has also jammed out at a Christmas program at Sadie's school, which makes me excited for Christmas mass. I think he will love all the music and singing!!


Here is Trey sporting his new Christmas shirt from Aunt Sarrie and Uncle Brent!


We go down the street to look at our neighbors' lights a couple times a week. Even though one of their yards looks like the Griswolds, Trey LOVES it. He talks to all the characters in their yard like they are his friends. 


Trey exclaims "tree!" "tree!" everyday until we turn on the lights of our Christmas tree. 


We have been getting the most out of the last few days before Christmas around here, that's for sure!

Trey met Santa at Bass Pro.


I was a little skeptical about how this would go, but Trey loved the big man! He had a big conversation with Santa and loved pointing out things to him like the reindeer which he called "dogs" and "dats" (cats). 


He also high-fived Santa when we were done!



It was the same Santa from last year, but check out the difference in Trey's size...2 weeks to 1 year :)

We have had a couple of photo-shoots in front of our tree. (In Christmas pj's of course!) Mama still needs to work on her camera settings to get better christmas tree pics...


Trey has started making this crazy little tongue-sticking out face that just cracks me up so much, I had to share...



We exchanged gifts with the Tolers with our second annual Christmas PJ party.




The photo below pretty much sums up the night. Quinn hits Trey in the head with his new play broom, as Trey cries, Leslie and Jim look on in shock and Adelle goes on opening her gifts like nothing happened....Life with 3 kiddos three and under, lol!


Trey racked up and got a new phone, adorable belt and anywhere chair from his Nanny and Uncle T.


We had a yummy hot chocolate bar which I think the girls and Baby Trey enjoyed the most.





And one of my favorite pics of the night- all of us still posing for the photo with the boys heading to attack the camera on the tripod.


Trey's new chair is such a hit. He sits in it every single day and watches his shows and drinks milk.




Trey is completely obsessed with Christmas lights. He loves looking at them, playing with them, everything about them...



We went to the Dickinson Festival of Lights.


We ended up going on a Sunday evening which was perfect because there were not that many people there and it was one of the warmer nights we have had lately.


I caught the little boys holding hands!! (they were probably really just plotting an escape...)


Dellie decorated a cookie... while the boys had a cheeto snack break :)


We had supper at Garcia's afterwards, where Trey loved the tree (of course!).


And seriously, check out the cuteness overload of this belt...I just can't get enough...


Our favorite activity lately has been checking the mail everyday and then hanging up all our Christmas cards filled with beautiful faces of our friends and family! I really enjoy watching all the families grow over the years.


We had a little craft day where we made hand print Santa ornaments and I think they came out pretty dern cute.


We also have been opening our advent calendar each day and reading a little story about Jesus' birth. Even though Trey is too little to understand, I feel it is important to start teaching him young about the true reason for the season.

We are looking forward to heading home early next week to see all our families!!!

We've got one little reindeer ready to lead the sleigh...


Merry (Pre) Christmas to all and to all a good night...

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love the snowy pictures! How cute! I love you all