We were a little worried about how our trip home this year for Christmas would pan out as Christmas Day was on a Thursday but it worked out perfectly! I was able to take off Christmas Day and the day after and Jim was off Christmas Eve through the end of the week. I had to work a half day on Christmas Eve so Jim and Trey packed up the car while I was at work and we headed out as soon as I got home.
Before we got onto i-10, we saw this in the back of a truck. Poor little guy- hope he wasn't going to be someone's supper!
There was hardly any traffic and we made it home in a little over 4 hours (after a couple stops of course). We got there around 2 pm and were able to visit a bit before opening gifts.
We brought Trey's stocking and loved seeing three generations of handmade stockings hanging!
We all got so many really really nice gifts. I think Trey's two favorites were his "jumpy cow" and "i-pad"!
Of course Mama made me cry as she fixed my favorite quilt which was in TERRIBLE shape. She made this quilt for my dad one Christmas before they were even married. It has been well-loved over the years and it was pretty much in shreds. She and her cousin, Lisa, really made it look brand new!
Then Puh Puh gave us our anniversary and tick marks from the old barn door. Andre framed it for us and it is just perfect! I hadn't even been by there to notice that it was gone from the garage! I cried such an ugly cry at this! The barn is being torn down and I thought we would have to stop putting our tick marks on it each year but now it is ours to keep forever!
Trey really got into opening gifts but just wanted to rip them open and move on to the next one then go back and look at all his loot :)
After gifts, we had our traditional Christmas Eve gumbo and then even made it to mass on time!
After mass, we lit Papa Noel's way to GG's house with luminaries. Trey REALLY got into doing this.

He was SO excited and kept running around looking at each bag.




It was pretty adorable. It was also SUPER cold so we were glad to have the gloves Nanny had given him for Christmas.

He was SO excited and kept running around looking at each bag.

It was pretty adorable. It was also SUPER cold so we were glad to have the gloves Nanny had given him for Christmas.
After luminaries, we got Santa's milk and cookies ready for him.
Of course Trey had to taste them to make sure they were ok :)
THEN, Santa came!! What a lucky little boy to get so much stuff from Santa!
Christmas morning we woke up and Trey got to play with all his goodies from Santa. We were actually all awake waiting on him to wake up!





After coffee and a small breakfast, we took some family photos on the porch. GG and Puh wanted to send out a New Years card and we needed a good picture for them to use. We got some really cute shots then we headed to the Herrings to spend the morning with them.
The kids had fun playing and we had a delish breakfast compliments of Papa Randy!
Trey (and Puh Puh) took a nap on the way home and we all decided to rest for a bit. Later that evening we went to Nae Nae's house to open more gifts and hang out for a bit.
We finished the night out with a little Christmas kiss :) Stay tuned for Christmas Part 2.




3 comments:
Christmas was lovely- I think we should go to the Herrings in our pjs next year ;)! I love you all
Looks like a wonderful holiday! Love the stockings, the quilt, and your anniversary sign...such special gifts!!
I totally agree about going to the Herring's in our pj's next year!
Post a Comment