The first step in construction was framing out the new shower and getting the shower pan installed. Jim and I figured out how much bigger we wanted to make our shower and he got busy framing it up.
We had a perfect little helper who thought it was super cool to help Daddy and to watch every single move he made.
After the shower was framed up, we got the plumbers to come in and re-route the plumbing (so the shower head and controls would be on the longer wall of the shower). We also didn't want to leave the shower head where it was because it would spray directly at the shower door.
They also installed the new shower pan.
I had really wanted the wall underneath the window to be flat, but the since the window is a bay window, we had to leave this area as is. I was a little upset at first, but it actually ended up being a great idea and is now a great shelf to have next to the tub!
After the paint, fixtures, hardware and tile were picked out, we decided on grout color.
I can barely stand the cuteness of Trey helping his Daddy so much through this whole process :)
Soon, it was time for sheet rock, so the guys came and hung the sheet rock (and made a little alcove for our shampoo and all in the shower).
Once it was all hung, they put up the water proof membrane.
Next, it was time for TILE!!!!
It actually took them three days to complete the tile as they ran out of the accent tile just before finishing up the shower. I was so upset because I just wanted it finished, but it was looking so good I got over it quickly.
After the tile was done, it was time to re-wire the lighting! We saved this step until now because it meant that we would not have lights in the bathroom until the new fixtures were installed.
The big rectangle is the ghetto hole that was hidden behind our old fixture and the two circles are where our new lights will eventually go!
After the tile was finished, it was all grouted up and really started to look amazing at this point.
The lighting here is pretty horrible, but look at that amazing tile!
Once the grout was done (and dry!) the painters came to do some small sheet rock and texture repairs and also to paint. Our bathroom has the most terrible texture (to cover up where wall paper was removed before we bought our home), so it was pretty hard to match, but they did an ok job.
They were not the best, and we are actually still a little upset at how the paint turned out (even after their boss came out and did some of it himself), but it's finished and we are at least happy with that. They were referred to us by someone but I most definitely would NOT recommend these guys to anyone.
We chose "Agreeable Grey" by Sherwin Williams and I absolutely love it. It is a lot lighter than these pictures make it look. I feel as if it's a good balance between grey and tan.
Next, it was time for the shower glass! I was so excited to see it come together, except they ordered the wrong height door so that had to be brought the following week... I was learning at this point that even though most of these people work for or with Jim, things out of our control still happen and projects will always take longer than you think they will!
To soften the blow from the missing shower door a little, the vanity was delivered!!! We had our bathroom vanity custom built and chose a white finish with grey antiquing. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it turned out and think it is so beautiful!
The following week, the shower door was delivered and installed.
And it looked amazing! :)
Jim also installed our new lighting which I was equally in love with. At this point I could really see it all coming together and I was just really really anxious to have it done!
Here are the cabinets with their feet. I sure do love little details like that.
And check out the feet next to the feet of my amazing tub!
Speaking of tub- check out this bad boy!
We ended up choosing a marlana counter top. It looks like marble but is actually cheaper than granite! That is a total score since I tend to have more expensive tastes when it comes to things like this...
When they were installing our counter tops, they actually broke one of the sinks (MY sink!) so that was again another set back in our construction.
Next to be installed were our mirrors, which I adore and faucets and the bathroom was complete...
Or so we thought...We ended up taking quite some time to fully complete the bathroom as the tub needed a new drain/plumbing. Since the tile was already finished and we started a new year, had a baby and had to completely overhaul our A/C for our home (replaced the entire thing!), the tub sat on the back burner, but I am happy to say it is now done and it's amazing!
Stay tuned for some complete bathroom before and after photos. I am still amazing at how far our little master bath has come!!!
1 comment:
I love your new bathroom with the awesome shower and adorable tub! I love you all
Post a Comment