August 6, we packed up the car and headed home to Louisiana for the first time as a family of 4! The boys did great in the car. Wes got hungry so we stopped to feed him, all took a potty break and got Trey some dinner around Lafayette. Wesley started fussing again a few minutes later down the road so we stopped again to calm him down when Trey told us he had to use the potty. This turned into a false poop alarm but he did end up throwing up outside the car. I am beginning to think he may get carsick on long car trips... Anyway, we made it to GG's in one piece and even surprised her by getting in a lot earlier than she thought we would be arriving. She was really excited!
It was so nice waking up Friday morning and snuggling with this little love in bed :)
Friday morning, we hung out and snuggled until the produce farm opened and we could head over there.
After snuggling, we headed to Glazers Produce Farm to get some fruit and vegetables for the weekend. It had been so hot, they didn't have a ton of stuff but we got enough.
They had a rope swing which Trey thought was sort of cool, but he was mostly just scared of it. My little cautious bug!
Friday evening after Trey's nap, we headed to Zachary to see the Gros family! Even though it's been there for a while, I love driving over the Audubon bridge- it's just so pretty.
We had a great visit with them and they cooked us a yummy dinner as well. Trey loved seeing their "farm" that they have- dogs, cats, chickens, goats and a donkey!!
Saturday morning, Wesley got in some good rest before his party and he also started smiling for the first time!!
We had lots of friends and family come over Saturday to meet Wesley. We joked that instead of a "Sip and See" it was a "Splash and Pass" since GG had reserved the Slash Park across the street for the afternoon.
Loved seeing and spending time with these beautiful friends of mine!
I was so glad to see the Herrings! It had been way too long since we had seen them!
It was a hot day, but didn't feel too bad outside under the carport, where most of our visitors spent the majority of their time.
Aunt V wasn't too much of a baby hog although she did get in quite a bit of snuggles.
The kids had a blast at the Splash Park. I didn't even make it over there as I was visiting and hanging out at the house in between feeding Wesley but everyone said they had a great but HOT time!
Thanks Katherine for these fun shots!!
Cayden took a little break to enjoy some snacks!
The boys had a lot of fun playing with the balls and the bubble machine!
Sweet Trey and Cullen hugging :) :) :)
I'm so glad I got to visit with my sweet girl cousins and their babies!
Wes ended his party by passing out on Miss Jennifer's shoulder. We kept laughing about how huge he looked snoozing on her.
Someone didn't really want to look at the camera for a picture, so we all decided to look away :)
Trey's NaeNae is my oldest friend (since 6th grade!) I love that we can see each other and pick right back up like no time has passed. I love her!
This beautiful friend snuggled and loved on my sweet boy :)
Loved spending time with my Annabelle!
Sunday morning was laid back as we all slept in and hung out before heading to the Bonvillains house for brunch.
The kiddos had fun sharing snacks and playing all morning while Em held Wes (I see you smiling back there Emmy!!)
They were so sweet to each other and did a really good job sharing.
These sweet babies are only 3 days apart!
I can't believe next year there will be another little love in this picture! Love love love!
After a yummy omelette brunch, we headed to see Bryan and Jeni's new baby, Audrey. She is brand new (only 4 weeks old!!) Trey had been snotty and with a cough so he and Jim went and explored Zachary while Wes and I visited with them.
Bryan and I have been friends since high school. He is one of my oldest and best friends and it was so sweet to see our babies together. Wes is almost exactly one month older than Audrey and they are both just as sweet as can be!
GG missed us while we were gone visiting but was happy we got to spend so much time with our friends!
Monday morning we went to the new antique mall in town. It was really really cute and they had some nice things! Puh was feeling better enough to come shopping with us as well. Of course, Trey did not want to take a picture but we didn't let that stop us! :)
After a little shopping we headed back to Texas. We ended up having to stop three times on the way home but surprisingly made really really good time. Both boys slept the majority of the way home which was nice.
It made both our hearts so happy to have gone home for the first time with both our boys. I cannot wait until Wes is big enough to run around and chase Trey at GG's and on the Island and play like I did as a child!




1 comment:
Always love it when y'all come home! It was a hot, but fun day-my house was way too quiet when y'all left! I love you all
Post a Comment