Tuesday, November 10, 2015

New Roads Harvest Festival and LSU vs. Florida

Wesley's second trip home to Louisiana was the weekend of Harvest Festival in New Roads and also the weekend of the LSU vs. Florida game. 

We headed home Friday morning and the boys were great in the car. We only had to stop to feed Wesley once and got there in plenty of time to eat lunch and visit before heading downtown to Harvest Fest that night.

GG threw her old pumpkin in her flowerbed last year and this year a pumpkin grew!! I think we were way more excited about this then Trey was, but he eventually thought it was pretty cool.



Wesley and Puh Puh hung out on the porch while we got ready to head down to the festival. Wesley LOVES to be outside and of course he loves his Puh so it was a great combo for him :)


After our experience last year, we bought Trey an armband so he could ride unlimited rides, and that he did! He had SO much fun and wasn't scared of anything, not even the big slide!




We even found him some peanut-free cookies that he could eat and he picked out one with bats on it!


Wesley pretty much slept the whole time until he woke up to enjoy a bottle from GG :)


The things you do for your children...Trey really REALLY wanted to ride the ferris wheel but he wanted me to ride with him, no one else. This is now the second year in a row that he has asked me to ride with him at Harvest Fest. I mean really, how could I say no? Even though my palms were sweaty the entire time (I am TERRIFIED of this ride!!) I did it and he had SO much fun. It was totally worth it!


The view from the top! (Where we stopped twice, ugh!)


Trey loved this fishing game where you fished for sharks! He was actually pretty good at it too!


GG: "Take a picture of Wes in front of the carney food!" :) lol!


Trey played this little duck game and won this trumpet. He called it his "call" and was playing it to all the ducks in the pond "calling" them. It was hilarious and his daddy was just SO proud.



I am so glad my husband took one for the team on the strawberry ride! They had fun spinning and spinning.


Our little crew, minus Trey who was too busy "calling" the ducks to stop for a picture.


Wesley had a great first festival! He loved looking at all the lights and loved all the sounds.



Saturday morning, we headed to Zachary to pick up Kev and Les and headed to tailgate. We parked over off Nicholson so we walked through by Mike's cage to see the big guy before heading over to meet up with the Bonvillians.




It was a GORGEOUS day for football!




We watched the band and team come down the hill. I love doing that no matter how many times I've done it, it never gets old.



We had great seats right in the corner of the south end zone that we got for free (thanks Anne!!!!)


I still get goosebumps every time I am in this stadium.


It was a great game capped off by an amazing Tiger's WIN!


Sunday morning was chilly and pretty and we were in no hurry to rush home. We hung out in our pj's and drank coffee before packing everything up.


We had two boys who slept most of the way home.


And Mama and Daddy enjoyed boudin balls and crackin from Kartchners! :)


We had a great visit home, as always and GEAUX TIGERS!!!!



1 comment:

Cindy said...

Harvest Fest with family is always fun! Trey was so proud of his duck calling-that was so cute! I love you all