Friday, October 21, 2011

5 Things I Really Miss About the 225

I got the opportunity to go home last weekend for two very special events. First off, I would like to congratulate the new Mr. and Mrs. Buster Carlisle! Buster and Tara got married at her Uncle's house in Kinder, LA. It was a beautiful service at sunset under a pretty gazebo filled with their closest friends and family and  surrounded by trees covered in Spanish moss.



We were so happy to be part of their big day!! On Saturday, I went to a couple shower for one of my very favorite couples, Anne and Ryan! Sadly, I think the cute pics of Anne and I are on her camera (boo!), but here is one at least of the happy couple opening their gits. Congrats you two and can't wait for your big day in January!!



SO, what all this is leading up to is the fact that there are 5 very distinct things that I miss about my hometown (besides of course home itself and my family and friends!)
1. Jim Hawthorne- THE voice of the LSU tigers for those of you who don't know. On the way to meet up with Anne and Ryan on Saturday I had to listen to part of the game, which I usually hate to do. This time, my pain was eased with a very familiar voice. I LOVE him...And yes, the hubster is aware of this obsession... pick your battles, right? Geaux Tigers! Check him out here. Jim Hawthorne Bio

2. Spanish Moss- I simply don't think we have it in Texas, seriously. On the way to my mama's house, the streets are lined with beautiful old trees FILLED with Spanish moss. I love this stuff. I think it's gorgeous (even though it's really a fungus, yeah yeah, it's still a beauty!) I took the picture below at the wedding Friday night.



3. Fresh Water- I drove over the Atchafalaya River, along False River,  and over the Mississippi River (x2) last weekend. This really made me realize how much I miss fresh water. We are surrounded by water here in the LC, but it's either salt water or a yucky mix. Really really makes me miss yummy catfish and perch (fried with the tail ON, thank you very much!)

One of our engagement pictures taken by my super talented Aunt Shea (on a pier on False River). O'Meara's Making Memory Photography




Some of our wedding pictures by the amazing  Jason Cohen

4. Small Town Football- I grew up directly across the street from the football field where my High School played football every Friday night. My friends grew accustomed to parking in our yard and tailgating there as well before many games. When I got home Friday, my mom was so excited to tell me one of my friends from High School and his family had parked in the yard to go to big CHSPC's homecoming game... Good to see some things never change...

5. CC's Coffee- Of course, we drink this every morning (and even some evenings in the Jacobs household), but it always tastes better straight from the store. I wanted to stop at CC's on my way home from the couples shower Saturday night, only to be sitting at the order speaker to realized they were closed... BOO!
:(
  

What are some of your favorite things?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes!!