My Aunt Pee said she can remember buying both this green dresser and another piece of furniture at a garage sale with my grandpa for $30. My grandma said it had to be painted before my grandpa could put it in their house, needless to say, this green beauty below spent the last 20 or so years of it's life in the pantry at my grandparents' house, taken apart with lots of random things on top of it. I'm sure my grandma would not have been sad to get rid of it, but I for one am glad it stayed forgotten for so long as it now has made its way to our house!


The mirror was not attached to the dresser and it was full of mold, missing much of its hardware, and one of the drawers was falling apart. I knew I could make it beautiful once again. So, the Hubster and I loaded it up into his truck and brought it back here to our house. When I took a look at the color all cleaned up, I knew I didn't want to touch the color. It was the perfect splash of color needed in our plain-ish brown and white dining room. All I really did was clean it up with mucho clorox and made sure to take care of any chipping paint (no lead paint chips in this house please!)

I then spray painted the hardware a pretty shiny brass and the Hubster attached the mirror. We still need to fix the middle drawer, but shhh, you can't tell from the outside so please don't tell anyone! :)
Here is a close-up of the legit distressed edges (I didn't have to break out the hammer for this project, whoop whoop!)
I love how the mirror is imperfect. I think it really adds to the charm... What do you think?
1 comment:
Unbelievable!! Boo would be SO proud!!!
Post a Comment