Saturday, November 17, 2012

Geaux To Hell Ole Miss



Almost exactly 7 years ago on November 19th 2005, Emily, Anne, Romine and I made the road trip to Oxford, Mississippi to watch LSU vs Ole Miss. Our friend Josh was back there at the time as a student and got us tickets.

If you've never been to Oxford, you don't understand what their definition of "tailgating" is. There we were, in our LSU jerseys and jeans, drinking beer from solo cups, surrounded by fine china, chandeliers hanging in trees and tents and silver- real silver- not the new plastic utensils that look like silver, lol!

Josh got us tickets in the student section so there we stood, all bundled up (it was cold!) among yells of "hoddy toddy" and the students trying to get fired up for the game. We never said a word. Once in the stadium, off the jackets came and out came the obnoxious LSU girls who actually know a thing a two about football. We were mouthing off, spouting out random LSU stats and facts and don't you know, those fans were NICE to us?! That would have NEVER flown in the LSU student section! I just remember getting rowdy and they never said a word (at least that's how I remember it!! :) )

It's definitely an experience and if you can ever go, you should. It will make you appreciate your down-to-earth LSU roots if nothing else.

It was a really fun trip. We had a blast, won the game and lived to tell the tale...

One other quick Ole Miss memory was my last game in the North End-zone as a student against Ole Miss. We went into (double?) overtime. No one left, not even one student. After the game (which we won!) the band and the team stayed and we sang the Alma Mater three times after the game. We all cried. It was amazing.

Ole Miss has long been a foe of ours, but not necessarily a threat. Those of you who know me, don't worry I've got my "geaux to hell" button ready to sport today, even 9.5 months pregnant. As we head into this early game today (boo!), GEAUX TO HELL OLE MISS, cuz even if you aren't so much of a threat this year, it's still so much fun to say! :)

4 comments:

Blondie said...

You 'geaux' girl!!!!!

Janie

Cindy said...

I remember that trip- Pee and I were in Target when you called and we did the Geaux to Hell Ole Miss chant in the aisle complete with foot stomps! Some random lady wanted to join us :)! I love you all

Emily said...

Good times!! That weekend was soooo much fun! Miss you, little momma! And GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Anne McConnell said...

Haha!! I will always remember Josh telling us that we were their friends, not their girlfriends, so they had no intention of getting in a fight for us, lol!! Great trip!

They made me a little nervous yesterday, but as always, GEAUX TO HELL, OLE MISS!!