I would have to say our Thanksgiving this year was the best we've had in years!
Mama, Pee and Mrs Mildred came in on Wednesday and delivered this beautiful table to us! Jim had it built out of the wood from my grandparent's house that was recently torn down. The wood is 150+ years old. I cried like a baby when I walked into my house and saw it, especially when I found out what it was made from!
I have always wanted a farmhouse table with a bench, but this completely blew my mind! It was made from the very talented Andre Monceret.
We had a wonderful meal prepared by all the Mamas (Mama, Les, Pee and Ms Mildred). My only job was to pick up the honey-baked ham, which I gladly did. :) Jim learned how to make his mom's famous deviled eggs, which turned out great!
We had a wonderful meal prepared by all the Mamas (Mama, Les, Pee and Ms Mildred). My only job was to pick up the honey-baked ham, which I gladly did. :) Jim learned how to make his mom's famous deviled eggs, which turned out great!
Les was in charge of the turkey, which was super moist and delish and Jim carved it up for us.
While we cleaned up, Adelle had fun playing on Pee's iPad. She is pretty much obsessed with Ginger the cat...
And Quinn was his normal happy little self!
We spent lots of quality time laughing and hanging out :)
After dinner we had some equally amazing desserts! The Theriots came over to have dessert and coffee with us.
After all the yummy food, Dellie passed out on her Grammy's lap so we moved her to the floor.
Lucky also had a little too much turkey :)
Friday, I was feeling a little uncomfortable, so the Mamas stayed home with me. We watched the LSU game and then started decorating for Christmas...
Well Mama and I decorated...
Mrs Mildred kept us in a steady supply of sweet tea...
And Pee directed our decorating and shopped online, lol!
Saturday, we finished decorating and hoped for losses from Notre Dame, Bama and Florida...none of which happened...
Mrs Mildred made homemade spaghetti and the girls re-did our flower beds to welcome home baby Trey!
We also went to pick out our Christmas tree (which will be Trey's first Christmas tree!!!!) I cannot wait for this little booger to be here.
We decorated the tree but saved quite a few "Dellie-friendly" ornaments for her to hang on the bottom branches.
She did a really great job and then helped her Buh put the star on the top. She was in heaven!
When she was done with the tree, she took pictures of everyone. Here are some of the best ones, she is really getting good at taking pictures! Crazy that a 2 1/2 year old can work an iPhone so well...
CHEESE!!! (we helped her with this one, her little arms were not quite long enough!)
After our spaghetti supper, we took Adelle to look at the Christmas lights at our neighbors' houses.
She was SO funny! There was a Santa Clause who popped out of an out-house which she just thought was hilarious. We had the best time just watching her with the lights.
After looking at Christmas lights, we roasted marshmallows on the fire pit outside and made smores! They were super yummy.
Today we stocked up on groceries, cleaned house and finished up some little last minute things before baby Trey's arrival. My mom decided to stay until at least my appointment on Tuesday to see what sort of progress I am making before she decides if she will stay the rest of the week or not.
We had a fabulous weekend. Now, just sitting around waiting on Baby Trey!!
Come on little guy, we're all SO ready to meet you!!!!
2 comments:
Amen! I love you all!
Outstanding!!!
Post a Comment