Thursday, February 14, 2013

First Valentine's Day

Today is Trey's first Valentine's Day (and also his Nanny's birthday!)

We had SO much fun during a little Valentine's photo shoot...well Mommy had fun at least, not so sure about Trey ;)

Here are some of my faves...



Trey is laying on a quilt that his Grammy made his Grandpa O'Meara 30+ years ago!


When he starts to get really smiley, he gets very tickled and can barely stand it. That is how I like to describe the face below :)


Being a model is SO exhausting...



With all the lovey-dovey hype surrounding V-day, sometimes we forget something very important about February...that is is indeed American Heart Month, and even more specifically this week is Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week! 
Source

My cousin and his wife have a beautiful child who was born with a congenital heart defect. He had to have open heart surgery when he was only 6 weeks old and will likely have to have more heart surgeries later in his life. I read a very interesting and sobering post from my cousin's wife regarding the research surrounding congenital heart defects. I think we should all be aware of how very little money goes to this critical research.

Please check out more about this HERE ON THEIR BLOG!

Hope you do something special today with the ones you love most! We will be spending our day snuggling while Daddy is at work as Mommy is soaking up every last day I have to spend with my little man before returning to work. We will also celebrate Trey's Nanny's birthday tonight- Happy Birthday Leslie!!


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love the photo shoot on the much loved quilt! I too was surprised at the lack of adequate funding for research regarding congenital heart defects. I love you all!

Blondie said...

Trey tickles me so much - great photo shot - but modeling is hard work and a guy needs his rest!!

Thanks for sharing Ronan with us and we definitely need to support research for congenital heart defects for others like Ronan who is much loved!

Janie

ps -- Happy, Happy Day Late B-Day to Les!!!!!