We are just beyond excited to announce we are expecting Baby Jacobs #2 on June 21, 2015 (give or take)!
Here is a little recap of my first trimester. I still plan to take weekly photos like I did with Trey, but I know there is no way I will be posting weekly, so I will post them every 2-3 weeks or as I can...enjoy!
Week 4: We found out we were pregnant on October 14th. We had been trying but were still SUPER excited. I had not been having ANY of the same early pregnancy symptoms I had with Trey so I wasn't even sure we were pregnant this month, but turns out I was wrong! Trey and I went home this weekend and I let him wear this shirt to announce to Mama and Pee while Jim called all the Jacobs to tell them the good news. I thought they would notice the shirt right away but they didn't- it took them FOREVER. I was dying! But finally they saw it and were SO excited!
Week 5: Symptoms stretching/pulling feelings in my abdomen, tenderness, and headaches, TERRIBLE headaches. Jim said he remembers me having these with Trey too but I don't remember.
Week 6: Exhaustion has set in! I was wanting SO bad to tell my co-worker this week because I just felt like death warmed over. One day she left early and I locked the door and took a nap on my desk! This week the nausea also started- holy moly- it was bad. I never got sick but was just nauseous all. day. long. UGH. It was worse if I got overheated (which kept happening on accident- too hot under a blanket, too hot in the car, too hot of a shower all = super nausea!)
Week 7: We had our first ultrasound! We have a healthy baby that was measuring 7 weeks exactly (going by my LMP I would have been 7 weeks and 3 days but Dr. Hurtado said that was perfectly normal). We also got to hear this baby's heartbeat at this appointment which we didn't get to do with Trey- amazing! The nausea continued this week...
This week we also told Trey he was going to be a big brother. He just wanted to kiss the ultrasound picture :) He named the baby Kermie Baby (he is really into the Muppets right now), so we have been referring to the baby as this as well!
Week 8: The headaches and nausea continue. The cravings also started! (I thought this was super cool because I only craved things once or twice with Trey). Cravings: vegetables! (all of them! cooked! but especially spinach, Brussels sprouts and carrots), cold cold water and carbohydrates in the morning for breakfast- my usual yogurt for breakfast was no longer cutting it!)
Week 9: I couldn't believe how my belly was already starting to poke out! It was unbelievable this time around, but I was secretly loving it! I didn't start to show with Trey until much later...maybe 14 or 15 weeks!
Weeks 10-11: Nothing new really these two weeks except very tired still. I was VERY thankful to have my family here to help with Thanksgiving and Trey's birthday celebration!
GG treated us to well-deserved and MUCH overdue pedis and they were amazing!
12 week checkup: We opted to do the NT scan like we did with Trey. Baby looked good and cooperated for the ultrasound tech then started to put his/her hiney in the air and kick her feet. It was SO cute. Then Kermie got the hiccups which was adorable :)
Here are some pictures from our appointment:
Total weight gain: 1 lb. (although I feel like its at least 5!)
I started off about 3 lb heavier than when I got pregnant with Trey so almost exactly the same weight! It will be interesting to see what happens this time around. I am really hoping to not gain 40 lbs again! For a comparison I had gained 2.5 lbs with Trey at this point.
Maternity clothes? I cannot quite fit into maternity pants yet so I have been leaving my old jeans unzipped with a rubber band to close them. I have also been wearing a lot of leggings since the weather has been cool. I have been wearing maternity shirts as they are long enough to cover the rubber band :)
Sleep: Sleep is great! Jim and Trey bought me a new maternity pillow (the snoogle) for my birthday and I LOVE it. Even though Jim jokes that there is no room for him in the bed- it's pretty big! I have also been getting up to use the bathroom some nights but this isn't every night.
Best moment(s) this week: Going shopping for the little boy we adopted for Christmas It was SO much fun to pick out toys and clothes for him and it made us feel so thankful and blessed. We really had fun with it!
Movement: Not yet
Food cravings: VEGETABLES!!! Carrots, spinach, brussles sprouts...yummy yummy yummy give them all to me!!! I volunteered us to bring three different vegetables to our Thanksgiving feast, hehe!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Getting overheated (sometimes if the shower is too hot), but I am mostly over the nausea thank goodness.
Gender: Have felt like this baby is a girl from day 1, but we are going to be surprised when the baby is born!
Symptoms: Soreness in abdomen, tender breasts, back pain that requires I sleep on heating pad and still some exhaustion. I have been napping on my days off when Trey naps.
Happy or moody most of the time? SO moody this time around! Completely opposite from Trey. Little things really get on my nerves and I have NO patience for things that irritate me (mostly at work). I have been pretty much ok with my patience at home (or so I think!). I have also been super feisty this pregnancy, sorry family!
Anything new? Nope, just really starting to look pregnant- not that I just had a big lunch!
Looking forward to: Going to Florida this weekend to celebrate Christmas with the Jacobs! Excited to see them and spend some time with them!

1 comment:
Love to read your updates and love that lil baby bump! We are so blessed! I love you all
Post a Comment