Wednesday, April 1, 2015

25-27 Weeks {Baby #2}





Total weight gain:  26 lbs 

Maternity clothes? Heck yeah! Since the weather has been so much warmer, I got some new shorts from Old Navy that are SO comfy- I love them! I joked with Jim that I may not ever take them off! I am also into my largest size bras that I own so hopefully those will work for me until the end. 

Sleep: Sleep is pretty good. The baby moves around most nights when I am trying to fall asleep but usually it doesn't keep me up too long.  Trey never ever did this so this is something brand new for me to deal with. I am still sleeping with my big maternity pillow and heating pad. 

Best moment(s) the last few weeks: Baby had a lot of firsts the last couple weeks. The bump attended it's first LSU baseball game and first concert (Eric Church at the Rodeo!).  Both of these things were super super cool. We also loved getting to see our family at Leighton's birthday party last weekend!

Movement: Yes! Still feeling big movements- able to see and feel baby move from the outside. I also thought I felt the baby get the hiccups on more than one occasion! Baby is starting to be so big that I can feel definite body parts moving and rolling around. It's such a strange but awesome feeling!

Food cravings: Nothing really- I have been laying off the sushi. I have had a few snoballs so far this season but I'm not sure if that is because it's a craving or because its been hot...

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope! Thankfully!

Gender: Have felt like this baby is a girl from day 1, but we are going to be surprised when the baby is born!

Symptoms:  Hip and back pain continues. Starting to have pretty bad pains in my lower abdomen and groin (especially when I've been on my feet a lot). I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions off and on and let me tell you, those are NO joke. They really hurt although everyone says they do not hurt. I am also having groin pains as well- this baby is just so low I think I am going to be uncomfortable until I have this babe! I am also very very tired and am still napping whenever I can.

Happy or moody most of the time? My mood swings have evened out for the most part, thank goodness!

Anything new? Belly button is starting to poke out unfortunately. I was shopping today and caught my reflection in a mirror and was like "ah dang, you can see my belly button, ugh!". This is random, but it's also getting hard to kneel down at church. I'm running out of room for my belly to fit! My belly button is also sore from time to time depending on where the baby is, that is a weird feeling- let me tell you!

Trey's adjustment: He is still liking loving on baby Kermie. He kisses and hugs my belly on a daily basis. He can say both of the baby names but he says its one or the other depending on his mood, I don't know if he truly understands we are going to have another baby in the house. I am going to look into the sibling tours at the hospital to take Trey once we get a little closer.



Looking forward to: Keeping growing this little love bug! Looking forward to having everyone here for Easter and taking our maternity pictures Easter weekend. It's crazy that when I do my next update I will only have single digit weeks left in this pregnancy- crazy! Also looking forward to spending all the time I can with Trey as an only child before his little world gets flipped upside down in a couple months!




My cousin Sarah monogrammed us these sweet little gowns and hats for us with both baby names. I plan on packing them both to bring to the hospital with us. I cannot wait to see which set will be used!!!




1 comment:

Cindy said...

Loved spending Easter with y'all-the lil gowns are precious! I love you all