Sunday, April 19, 2015

28-30 Weeks {Baby #2}



This is my new favorite picture of Jim and I, by the way. So precious!

HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER!

Update from OB appointment at 28 weeks and 3 days: I had my 1 hour glucose test which really doesn't seem to bother me as much as it bothers most people- maybe because I really like sweets? The flavor of the day was orange and even though the lab tech gave me 5 minutes to sip it, I had it demolished and was heading upstairs for my OB appointment in 30 seconds. I was SO hungry and thirsty since I had to be NPO for the test and my appointment wasn't until 9. Anyway, I also had orange with Trey and thought it was good too- tasted just like Crush or Fanta. I digress...my test turned out negative- no real surprise there.  I will say though that over 2 weeks later and I still have a faint bruise from where they drew my blood- ugh! My BP was good and baby's heart rate was 150. It took forever to get the HR even after all that glucose in my system but we knew the baby was fine because he or she was moving around and kicking the doppler like crazy. Dr. H wanted to know if I would be ok with going ahead and scheduling my c section for 39 weeks (which...duh! get this baby out!). I will have to have a c section this time around since I had so many complications and surgeries after having Trey...I was scared at first but am ok with it now. I trust my doctor so much and if this is what she recommends I am 100% on board. She will be on vacation June 3-10 so I just can't do anything crazy during that time :) 


SO- my c section is scheduled for June 15! There is an end in sight! 

Update from OB appointment at 30 weeks and 3 days: (We are going every 2 weeks now!!) We followed up with the specialist, Dr. K one last time to have another ultrasound to ensure there were no ill effects from the HFM dz. Dr. K said baby looks great and is going to be a big baby- 8 lbs or more like its big brother. He has an EDD for me of June 14 although my due date has been June 21 this whole time. I am hoping I can just go in on my scheduled day instead of rushing around like a crazy person if I go into labor. Dr. K was able to ensure us that baby is great and heart is healthy- yay! I saw the NP for my OB appointment was Dr. H was out of town. She also said things were great- my BP was normal and baby's HR was 148. She has had three c sections herself so she and I talked about that for a while. I had never seen her before but I really really liked her.

Waiting to see Dr. K. When he walked in, Trey said "hey doctor!"
I can't believe we got such sweet pictures of this baby's face! The one on the left looks JUST like Trey. I cannot wait to meet this little person!!!

Total weight gain: 30 lbs 

Maternity clothes? Absolutely! The only non-maternity clothes I am wearing are non-maternity scrub pants (just a size-up) and Jim's t shirts and pants to sleep in.

Sleep: Sleep is still pretty good. The baby still moves around most nights when I am trying to fall asleep but usually it doesn't keep me up too long. Still sleeping on the heating pad and napping on weekends and on my days off for sure. Iced coffee in the afternoons are becoming a regular thing around here to keep me going!

Best moment(s) the last few weeks: Getting scheduled to meet this little love so we can officially start counting down the weeks/days. We are now in single weeks so that's crazy!!

Movement: Yes! Still feeling big movements- able to see and feel baby move from the outside. I also thought I felt the baby get the hiccups on more than one occasion! Baby is starting to be so big that I can feel definite body parts moving and rolling around. It's such a strange but awesome feeling! Baby does NOT like to be squished (if I am laying on my side a certain way or in a sitting position leaning forward) so I try to avoid these positions. 

Food cravings: Nothing really- I have been laying off the sushi but have had it every couple of weeks. I have had a few snoballs so far this season but I'm not sure if that is because it's a craving or because its been hot...

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope! Thankfully! I did cook dinner the other night then couldn't eat it. The fist tasted SUPER fishy to me and I almost threw up. I look over and Jim is devouring his with this weird look on his face so obviously it wasn't the fish, lol!

Gender: Have felt like this baby is a girl from day 1, but we are going to be surprised when the baby is born! We did the old wives tale using Jim's ring over my stomach and it went back and forth in a huge straight line so that means boy- so we shall see. This is going to be one very very loved little person regardless!!


Symptoms:  Hip and back pain continues. Starting to have pretty bad pains in my lower abdomen and groin (especially when I've been on my feet a lot). I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions off and on and let me tell you, those are NO joke. They really hurt although everyone says they do not hurt. I am also having groin pains as well- this baby is just so low I think I am going to be uncomfortable until I have this babe! I am also very very tired and am still napping whenever I can.

Happy or moody most of the time? My mood swings have evened out for the most part, thank goodness!

Anything new? Belly button is still not all the way out but is definitely making an appearance certain days. It all depends on the baby's position. Also we got all the baby stuff (car seat, bouncy seat, etc) down from the attic and have it all cleaned up and ready to go!

Trey's adjustment: He is still liking loving on baby Kermie. He kisses and hugs my belly on a daily basis. He can say both of the baby names and has been pretty consistently saying this is "Baby Roof" so I guess that's his prediction :) GG bought us our double stroller so Trey has been trying it out. He likes to "go for a ride with baby sissy" the baby doll the Hoffmans gave to him. I have also been trying to do lots of fun 1:1 things with him as his time as an only child is winding down...








Looking forward to: Mama and Pee coming to stay with us next weekend to keep Trey while Jim and I go on a little trip! I absolutely cannot wait!!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I also love that pic of you and Jim and Kermie! June will be here before we know it-can't wait to snuggle with the newest member of our family! We are excited about coming to stay with our lil guy, soon to be an awesome big brother! See y'all soon-I love you all