Mardi Gras was almost two months ago...Better late than never right?
We traveled to NOLA for the first weekend of Mardi Gras like we do every year. We got stuck in traffic so it took us for.ever. to get there but we made it! Trey was in the middle of potty training at this point and we were so proud of him for making it the whole way there dry.
We checked into our apartment and decided to do a little sightseeing down Magazine and get some lunch.
We ate at some little burger place that seemed fairly new and was delish. I got the veggie burger and the patty was made from red beans and rice- what?! Yep. It was amazing. I still think about that burger...
Jim kept threatening Trey "do not pee on me do not pee on me" lol!
We headed back to the apartment after lunch for Trey to rest and GG and I did a little shopping! Look what we found- GG's Dinorama so of course I had to snap a pic.
We stopped for Moccasippis from CC's (duh) and got Puh a king cake tart from Sucre! (We only got one thing because it's all we could afford- holy moly that place is pricey!)
Friday evening we headed down to the parade route to watch Oshun and Cleopatra.
Cleopatra is always a little better than Oshun but we had fun regardless.
Saturday morning we sang "Happy Birthday" to Puh with a King Cake birthday cake.
Then Trey practiced second-lining around the house.
Jim brought Puh and GG to their parade line up and Trey and I hung out at the house and waited on our guests. Jim ended up dropping off Aunt Sharon, Uncle Karl, Mr. Bob and Mrs. Cindy at the route so they didn't have to walk. The Marino/Hoffman crew arrived shortly after then the Tolers and we were all set to go!
Quinn and I hung out and let Trey take a little nap before meeting the rest of the group at the route.
The Krewe of Pontchartrain riders had a GORGEOUS day for a ride! This is GG and Puh's float. They are the last two on the sidewalk side.
Trey really got into the parades this year although he was a little grumpy from his shortened nap.
By the second parade, he was really getting the hang of it and requesting certain throws off the floats..."stuffed aminals, football, mo beads, mo beads".
I caught a Krewe of Freret collectible mask!
It was SUCH a gorgeous day!
The most wonderful time of the year and one of my favorite sites to see!
That night, GG and Puh were worn out after their ride. They ended up beating us back to the house which was crazy. They said it was their fastest ride ever to date and they have been riding since 2006!
Actually we were all so exhausted after our long day, we ordered pizza.
Sunday we woke up and hung out in our jammies then Jim and I walked down to District Donuts to pick up breakfast.
Mike came and met up with us at GG's Dinorama for lunch and Trey ended up falling asleep in the car. I took one for the team and sat with him to let him sleep since I knew he would be really needing a nap if we wanted to have fun at the parades Sunday! Thankfully they brought me some food and it was SO good!
He woke up from his nap ready to go and requested a moon pie. Thats my boy!
He caught this snake and to this day he still loves it and plays with it. Also check out that baby bump in this pic!!
Puh and GG thought it was hilarious watching him at the parades since they didn't get to see him action the day before. It was so funny.
Playing hide and seek in the wagon between parades.
Trey had a lot of fun with Uncle Mike. He knew how to get all the good stuff :)
Little booger man passed out early that night, but I don't blame him, we were all super tired!
This year, we stayed an extra day and didn't go home until Monday. It was awesome! So Monday morning we headed back down to District- duh! :)
Trey had to stop and take a picture in front of the "chomp store".
He was pretty impressed with his donut that we let him pick out.
They even made a new batch while we were there and he and Puh went to watch!
The only group shot we got all weekend :( Oh well at least we got one!!
While we packed the car, GG entertained Trey and they "surpised" us everytime we walked by.
We sadly headed back home but we sure did have a great time and were glad so many of our family and friends came to meet us this year!!
We got home and Trey went through all his loot. He got so much stuff we ended up taking some to school for all his teachers and friends and still had plenty left over.
And of course I brought a King Cake back to work and I got the baby- fitting right?
This year is seriously flying by-I am usually sad about the passing of each holiday but this year I am excited because it brings us that much closer to meeting this new little babe!
Happy Mardi Gras (almost two months late) yall!
1 comment:
Loved seeing Trey at daytime parades! We had a great time and loved staying on Magazine! I love you all
Post a Comment