From my OB appointment at 34 weeks and 3 days:
Baby's HR was 150 and my BP was good. I got checked for the first time- baby is definitely in the cervix (which I knew from how uncomfortable I've been!) at -2 position. I was not dilated at all yet so that was good. I had a lot of cramping and pain after my appointment though. Trey is so spoiled, right when we walk in the Dr's office, the ladies at the front desk give him suckers :)
Maternity clothes? Absolutely! The only non-maternity clothes I am wearing are non-maternity scrub pants (just a size-up) and Jim's t shirts and pants to sleep in.
Sleep: Sleep is still pretty good except I cannot make it all night without getting up at least once to pee. I am able to go right back to sleep though.
Best moment(s) the last few weeks: We decided on a babysitter to keep this baby once I have to go back to work- yay! She is no Rara, but we are very happy to have found her. Her name is Mrs. Cathy and we absolutely love her and are excited to have been referred to her. She lives in our neighborhood which will be so super convenient as well! We also had a great few weeks celebrating Dellie's dance recital and preschool graduation with GG here as well! I also cannot believe my co-workers surprised me with a shower last Friday! I was so surprised and they did a great job. We got SO many nice things- I was blown away and really did not think they were going to throw me a shower! We had a fantastic Memorial Day weekend but more to follow on all of this!
| Here is just one picture from my shower :) |
Food cravings: Nothing really- have been drinking lots of lemonade and having lots of popsicles but I think that is due to the heat not a craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been nauseated lately at least once a day. I think baby is just so big he or she is pushing on my stomach. Tums have become my best friend. I cannot make it through a day without eating them at least once but usually 2-3 times.
Gender: Have felt like this baby is a girl from day 1, but all of a sudden I feel like it's a boy, so who knows! Jim is pretty convinced it is a boy even though most everyone thinks it's a girl, so I guess we shall see...
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy, but I have a pretty short fuse and low patience with people lately (like random people at work or in the grocery store, not so much my family).
We also have the nursery ready to go. I need to wash bottles this week but that's about it. I picked up the pump this weekend so I think we are all set. The bad swelling has also started- booo! After we ate Mexican food Thursday night I was SO swollen and it has only come down a little bit so I think this is my norm from here on out- thankfully I only have less than three weeks left! We also helped Trey make a little countdown calendar. He can pull one ring off every day until baby day! He has really been loving it!
Trey's adjustment: He is still loving a lot on Baby Kermie. All of a sudden he has been saying the baby is a boy and that it is Wesley Michael in my tummy. He has gone back and forth during this pregnancy. This past week, I made him a countdown calendar until the baby comes. He is SUPER excited about it and loves to take a ring off each day. He also helped us organize things for the baby and in the baby's room this weekend so he really liked being a big helper. He is attending a sibling class this coming weekend at the hospital so I think that will help him understand more as well. With my growing tummy, he is quickly running out of lap room but is usually content with wiggling himself into place somehow or laying down in my lap on the couch.
| I am taking full advantage of Trey's last days as an only child and going on lots of little dates with him and pretty much letting him dictate what we do every day. |

2 comments:
Can't wait to hear what he thinks of the sibling class-such a good idea! I love you all
You'll have a Miss Cathy!!!
Post a Comment