Friday, May 8, 2015

31-33 Weeks {Baby #2}





Total weight gain: 32-35 lbs (Depending on the day or the scale... But I'll get my official weight at the doctor next week.)

Maternity clothes? Absolutely! The only non-maternity clothes I am wearing are non-maternity scrub pants (just a size-up) and Jim's t shirts and pants to sleep in.

Sleep: Sleep is still pretty good. The baby still moves around most nights when I am trying to fall asleep but usually it doesn't keep me up too long. Still sleeping on the heating pad and napping on weekends and on my days off for sure. Thankfully Trey likes to watch movies and snuggle with me (Mama's boy for sure!) so if I'm overly tired one day we just make sure to get in some extra couch time!

Best moment(s) the last few weeks: Getting to celebrate three birthdays! (Reed's birthday at the Aquarium, GG's birthday (early) with cake! and Quinn's birthday at the Galveston Train Museum). Also getting to go on our little "babymoon".  More to come on these!



Movement: Yes! Still feeling big movements- able to see and feel baby move from the outside. I also thought I felt the baby get the hiccups on more than one occasion! Baby is starting to be so big that I can feel definite body parts moving and rolling around. It's such a strange but awesome feeling! Baby does NOT like to be squished (if I am laying on my side a certain way or in a sitting position leaning forward) so I try to avoid these positions. Baby's head is down (way down!) and body curves around my right side and the baby's feet are on my left side. So I definitely feel big pushes on the right side compared to kicks on the left.

Food cravings: Nothing really- I have been laying off the sushi but have had it every couple of weeks. I have had a few snoballs so far this season but I'm not sure if that is because it's a craving or because its been hot...

Anything making you queasy or sick:  Nope! Thankfully! 

Gender: Have felt like this baby is a girl from day 1, but all of a sudden I feel like it's a boy, so who knows!

Symptoms:  Hip and back pain continues. Starting to have pretty bad pains in my lower abdomen and groin (especially when I've been on my feet a lot). I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions off and on and let me tell you, those are NO joke. Also having some pretty intense pressure already so I am guessing Dr. H will check me at our next appointment.  I was talking to a lady in a store about how low I carry my babies and she said her prediction is that it's another boy because boys sit in their mama's laps for 10 months and that's why they are mama's boys- good theory I guess, haha! Also having some heart burn and indigestion at times especially when I eat too much at a time. I have also been having killer post-nasal drip for about a month- ugh. It's completely disgusting and nasty. I know lots of preggo peeps have this problem but I did not with Trey so this is brand new.

Happy or moody most of the time? I've been pretty sad the last couple of weeks as we lost our beloved Lucky Dog. He was 15 and just very precious to us. I think I have been extra emotional about it since I am pregnant but it's been really sad for all of us. 





Anything new? Belly button is more out than in these days. It's really only all the way in when I'm laying flat on my back. It's sort of grossing me out, lol! On a nicer note, we paid our deposit to the babysitter- yay!!! We found a lady to keep the baby in our neighborhood that does in-home care. She has been keeping babies and kiddos for 26 years and we were referred to her by one of our neighbors. We are so thankful to have found Mrs. Cathy!

Trey's adjustment: He is still liking loving on baby Kermie. He kisses and hugs my belly on a daily basis. He can say both of the baby names and has been pretty consistently saying this is "Baby Roof" so I guess that's his prediction :) He has also been touching my belly a lot and saying "the baby is moving" or "the baby is kicking me!" He thinks its pretty cool.  He has been extra clingy lately and I think it's because he knows we are getting close, but other than that he has been happy and his normal little self. 


Don't mind the paint splatters on my shirt- can you tell we've been working hard around here? Hehe!

Looking forward to: Finishing up the playroom this weekend and being able to scratch that off my nesting to-do list! Also getting my car all cleaned up and the baby seat installed this weekend too- It's getting real! Also looking forward to being able to get off the couch without having to do a rolling-motion, lol!


1 comment:

Cindy said...

Always love your pictures-these three weeks are extra special! Can't wait to meet Trey's sibling! I love you all