Yes, I was upset! Yes, I was let down...but lets get real people, Les led us to the best record in school history. SCHOOL HISTORY. Regardless of the less-than-par performance that went-down Monday night, that 13-1 record is HUGE and I wish more people could see it that way.
I am still a Tiger, I will always be a Tiger. Not only that, I will always be a fan. No-one knows why it happened and how it happened and yes it was terrible to leave the dome surrounded by a sea of Crimson and White cheers, but it happened, now lets get over it.
We had a fantastic weekend in NOLA regardless of the outcome of the game. We also beat BAMA in their own house, regardless of the outcome of the BCS game. Yes, they have the crystal ball, but revenge is sweet and we will once again claim our spot at the top.
Speaking of being at the top...we are starting 2012 ranked #1. 2011 wasn''t even supposed to be our year, even though it almost was.
I think this guy on Tigerdroppings.com summed it up best when he said ...I didn't kick the dog, I didn't rage at the Gumps, I didn't curse Les Miles, I didn't slur Jordan Jefferson, I didn't plead with God, I wasn't mean to my kids, I didn't get surly with my wife. Nothing changed for me. My love for LSU football has not waned one iota, but damn, I feel like shite..."
Geaux Tigers!!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend. You can see all my photos from the weekend here.
It all started with the Big Guy (no not God, John O!) He called letting us know he had his hands on "standing room only" tickets. We didn't know what that meant, but we knew we were in!
Sunday morning, we packed up the car, put on the magnets and car flags and attached the elephant to the back. The elephant, by the way, was created in 2007 and has made many trips with us (including both celebrations for victories and sad sad losses as well). Dellie wanted to be in the picture too, even though she was in her jammies...
Les was SUCH a trooper, she walked her very pregnant little self all over NOLA like a champ. This was taken at fan fest on Sunday.
Discount double check at fan fest. Kev, Mike, and Jim. (Mike is our new "GC". We decided that since he and Kevin are cousins and we are the godparents of Adelle, that makes us God-cousins, or GC's, lol!)
Kevin's Uncle Tim and the drum major.
View from the 5th floor of Jax. Kevin's Uncle Tim got us into a band alumni party. It was so much fun!
After the band party, we met up with the O'Mearas and Mussos and went to watch the Les Miles show at the Sheraton. Which, by the way, was so much fun!
The best shot Lisa could get of Les and I with Mike. We didn't want to steal him away from the little kids :)
Cheerleaders
Les and his daughter
After the Les Miles show, we headed to the Kickoff Party where Travis Matte played. Derek saw me on TV this night, but wasn't sure it was me since I was Cajun dancing with a stranger...yes it was me! :)
Dancing in the rain...notice the yucky hair...ew....
Kevin spotted this graffiti wall and had to take a picture in front of it. This makes me laugh every time I look at it!
Monday morning, we headed down to Jackson Square for breakfast. People were already lined up for Game day hours before it was scheduled to actually start.
Then, we hit Bourbon. It was busier than Fat Tuesday. Craziness.
Then we headed to the Tailgate Bash at Walk-ons. It was packed and a lot of fun!
Hubby and I
Les and I at the bash.
This was awesome!
I think between the 4 of us, we ended up with 6 t-shirts!
My umbrella!
DSR- Geaux Tigers Beat Bama (again)
Even the security guys got in the spirit. (I asked this guy to take a picture because he was seriously standing like this and looking so official!)
Heading to the dome!
Not bad for standing room only. A nice cleaning lady brought us crates to stand on and we could see everything! Much better than the Bama fans directly in front of us that paid $9000 for their tickets!!! WOW!
Geaux Golden Band From Tiger land
Taking the field.
Lil Cuz and I
Little Cuz and Jim
Thank you Uncle Bruh (the original) for this picture. This pretty much sums up the weekend! :) hehe.
Already looking forward to next season. Forever LSU.





























3 comments:
Despite the disappointing game, yall look like you had a great time! How fun. Love that it was standing room only. :)
So, I totally think it was my LSU post that jinxed the team. DARN!
Steph- it may have also been my post about LSU, although everyone that was with us blamed it on my new umbrella! :( that umbrella is amazing, definitely not a jinx. :) I could come up with a million possible reasons why we lost but it will remain a mystery! :(
It looks like yall had a wonderful weekend... it was really hard to lose but hey you cant win them all. But I will ALWAYS be a tiger fan. ANd then Saints lost yesterday :( OH well they both did great this year
Post a Comment