Sunday, March 11, 2012

{Almost} Louisiana Saturday Night

Well, we got down the guitar, took off our shoes and threw them to the floor, danced in the living room until about 11:00... hence the {almost} Louisiana Saturday Night. (Oh, and we were also in Texas, but I think that's a little besides the point!)

The bestie's Mom and Dad came for a visit, so we boiled up some delicious shrimp (with all the fixins' of course). They also stopped at the the Best Stop on their way in and of course brought us the second best cracklins in the state of Louisiana (second only to my Uncle Spike's)



Uncle Spikey doing what he does best!
 

Uncle Spike and I at Hubster and my Engagement Party (March 20, 2009) And yes, I am drinking a Bud Weiser because that's how I roll.
 

The Best Cracklins you will ever eat. I dare you to find better ones.
 
Anyway, back to this weekend... So we feasted on boiled shrimp, crabs, Andy Gator and Strawberry Harvest, except lil mama of course, until our bellies could not hold anymore! Then, we had apple pie AND ice-cream. Yep, a true South Louisiana feast! (Only it took place right here in League City.)

You see, we have all been spoiled by the Hubster and the BFS (that would be best friends sometimes, to those of you not "in the know"). We cannot find boiled shrimp, crawfish or crabs here that are as good as our hubbies can make for us. Therefore, we spend many nights (and days) in the Spring feasting on these delicacies in the privacy of our own homes! :)


Hubster enjoying his AndyGator and shrimp
 


The Herrings, Hubster and KT (lil mama opted to not be in the photo. She said "ew, look at me and I know you're going to blog about it". The girl knows me well. Her baby belly is just precious but I respected her wishes...this time... )
 

After supper, we played "picture" on my phone. Which just means I have to take endless pictures of Dellie making silly faces. But, I love my godchild and pretty much spoil her every opportunity I get, so of course there are about 10 more of these photos on my phone at the moment :)



Here is Spot enjoying the guitar case while Mr. Randy worked to re-string and tune my guitar.
 
Spot hung out in the guitar case while Mr. Randy worked his magic. Turns out, I was missing a couple parts, so I will have to hit up Guitar Center this week, but he got 4 out of the 6 strings re-strung and tuned for me. Learning to play guitar is something I have always wanted to do. Growing up, I used to dance and sing in the living room while my Uncle Scotty played guitar and the sound of an acoustic guitar I have always loved.


Turns out "Esteban" needed some tuning as well.



Hubster and Dellie hanging out. There is my guitar on the right. My Uncle Scotty made it for my dad and now it is mine. Special? I think so!
 
All in all, we had a wonderful laid-back weekend. It rained here the entire weekend, so it was a good opportunity for us to just hang out for a change.

Stay tuned this week for updates to our Spring home decor! I also hopefully will get the guitar all fixed up as well, so I can begin to learn to play. (wish me luck!)

I feel like any good musical instrument should have a name. Any suggestions??

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my God!! Scotty would be so proud!! Did Randy like the guitar? Pee

Unknown said...

Yes, he loved it! He couldn't believe it was made by hand. It is missing a part on the bottom (the little part that holds the string? not sure what it's called?) Also, the bridge is kind of loose. I am going to bring it to the guitar store here in town and get them to check it out.