Wednesday, September 19, 2012

2nd Trimester Must-Haves



When I wrote this post about my 1st Trimester Must-Haves, I felt like it would be FOREVER until I would be posting about my 2nd Trimester must-haves. Well, I am now into my 3rd Trimester, and I can honestly say the second went by just as fast as the first.

I would have to say that I still use all the items listed in my 1st Trimester Must-Have post on an almost daily basis all the way through my 2nd Trimester as well. The one thing I don't use hardly ever are those lovely prunes as thankfully I have not needed them for their intended purpose as many pregnant ladies do...

So anyway, on to my 2nd Trimester must-haves in no particular order...

1. Things to make you feel pretty. During your second trimester you usually feel pretty good. I for the most part felt like my normal self, and still do most days into my third trimester as well. I think it's important to do things to make you feel girly and pretty like painting your nails, getting pedicures, massages, hair cuts and color... you get the point...whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

2. Old Navy Maternity Essential Trousers I bought these early on in my 2nd trimester and they are my favorite pants! I bought the black and khaki and rotate them at work a few times a week. They fit so cute and the full panel makes them unbelievably comfortable.

3. Cute clothes. Do it, bite the bullet. Buy yourself some pretty maternity clothes. It's not only worth it to be comfortable, but it just makes you feel good to dress your bump as cute as possible. I have found my favorite (and most affordable) clothes from Old Navy, Motherhood Maternity and Target.

4. Zyrtec. I don't know if it was the time of year or just being pregnant but my allergies were awful during trimester #2. Thank goodness Zyrtec is one of the "allowed" medications by my OB. Not sure what I would have done for some of those weeks without it.

5. Document your pregnancy. Take pictures of your growing belly. I have absolutely loved going back and looking at my growing belly over the last 13 weeks. This was one of the reasons I started this blog to start with, but I also take pictures of my belly all the time and love looking at them. I know I will love to look at them once our lil man is here as well.

6. Water. Drink it and drink lots of it. I have *knock on wood* been blessed to not have any swelling so far and I attribute most of that to all the water I drink. I have been thirsty all day every day during my pregnancy and was worried there for a while I may be developing GD. Thank goodness my glucose test went well and turns out I just need a lot of water- go figure! I drink probably 3-4 liters of water every day and I can tell when I don't drink enough.

7. ***TMI ALERT***  Light day pads. Seriously. You will use them every day. Nuff said.

8. DSLR Camera (We have a Canon EOS T3). I use this more than I ever thought I would! AND, invest in a good lens. I have a 50-300 mm zoom lens that I am pretty obsessed with.

9. Snacks. I have snacks with me at all times (usually a granola bar or these little granola packs that I am sort of addicted to....) It's always helpful (and better for you!) to grab one of these for a snack when hunger hits you like a freight train than to run through a drive-through.

All these things have literally been life-savers at one time or another throughout my 2nd Trimester.
Mommies out there, what have been your favorite things during your pregnancies?


2 comments:

Blondie said...

Whenever you post new pics, I go back and look at the old ones to see the changes as Trey grows! It's amazing and it does seem to be going by awfully fast . . .

Love my Texas Krewe!

Janie

Emily said...

I totally agree with all of these with the exception of the ON pants... they were not kind to my behind. But I do love my Gap full panel trousers...sooo comfy! And I totally agree that it's worth it to have cute clothes...you feel so much better on your crappiest of days!