Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall In Love...


...With Baby Trey!

My first baby shower was this past Sunday and it could not have been more perfect! My wonderful hostesses worked very hard to make it a super-special day and they definitely succeeded. My Mom, Godmother, Aunts, Trey's Nanny and some of my mom's best friends hosted the shower and it was just fabulous.


They prepared an awesome "spread" as they would call it and the food was almost too pretty to eat- almost! We had crab-stuffed mushrooms, hummus, marinated shrimp, chicken salad sandwiches, among so many other yummy things! We also had delicious pina colada punch to drink which was out of this world! Mrs Melissa, if you're reading this- I want your recipe ASAP! :)


The cake was made by Mrs Annie Loup of Annie's Pantry. She also made our wedding cake and Mama got the cake with the same filling and icing as our wedding cake. It was so yummy- we barely had any left! Mrs Cynthia also made my favorite (Morganza Cake) and Pee made my favorite toffee for dessert.



Their attention to detail in all the decorations was amazing! Every inch of Mrs Cynthia's house was decorated  perfectly to match the "Fall In Love With Baby Trey" theme! There were also simple yet beautiful little gift bags filled with some of Trey's Mama and Daddy's favorite candy (Reeses cups and candy corn).


Trey's Nanny made some adorable little banners that they hung around the house and Mrs Jennifer made the sweet cotton wreath. 




Mrs Jennifer outdid herself with the flowers- they were gorgeous! She included some flowers from our wedding (calla lilies and orchids) and paired them with more fall flowers for beautiful arrangements.



The most amazing decoration would have to be the baby tree! They decorated a tree with all things baby- sweet little decorations, things off our registry, flowers and footballs and burlap (some of my favorite things!). It was so beautiful, I almost didn't want to take it all down!


This teddy bear was the first thing Sarah bought when she found out she was pregnant with Braxton. She wanted Trey to have it, so Mama made sure it had a very special place of honor at the shower. 


We had a wonderful turnout and had a nice day surrounded by my family and closest friends. I am SO thankful for everyone who came.


There were little touches everywhere to represent my grandparents, who sadly will never get the chance to meet Baby Trey...Whitman's chocolate on the tree, a cotton wreath, fall decor in Grandpa's gold bowl and bells of Ireland in the flower arrangements.

Three of my great aunts were able to attend and I am so thankful for that. I also had my Major aunts, most of my O'Meara aunts, my cousin Katherine and even a couple of my 2nd cousins made it, along with my mother in law and niece, Mary, which meant the world to me. 




We really do have the BEST family and friends and we feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many people who love us and our little man.



I must say, Baby Trey is pretty set-up! He got SO many nice things. I have started organizing it all but I think it will take me a while longer to get it all straightened out.





It was exciting to see little tiny things with Trey's name on them! It made this all seem so much more real.


I had some fantastic helpers with Whitney, Katie, Gracie and Adelle. They were too cute, lining up all my gifts, bringing them to me, helping me open them and also helping with the trash. They were beyond adorable.



Here is my favorite picture of my god-baby and I. Just love her so much!


Little Quinn was there too but slept like a doll in the back room for much of the shower. Les's cousin Lisa and Mommee were able to attend also, so we snapped a Keller family pic for them :)


Emily also made Trey a very special blanket, which took a lot of time and patience on her part. I think these photos are hilarious because you can see my reaction when I realized she made it for him!




Here is a photo of what our dining room looked like after our shower!



And here is how the big guy helped me organize everything!




A special "thank-you" to Emily B and Les for the photos! Love you girls! 

I cannot believe our lil man will be here in around 6 weeks. I guess it really is true that time flies when you're having fun...

4 comments:

Hailey said...

love the theme and the banners!

Cindy said...

It was a lovely shower. Great to spend time with friends and family! The pictures are beautiful, just like the day was! I love you all!

Stephanie Y. said...

So beautiful! I'm glad you got so many great pictures - I felt like I was there. :) I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. We were thinking about you though! Love you.

Blondie said...

Loved looking at all the pics, it was sooooo much fun!!! Looking at all the girls and thinking that only two years ago they were single and standing in your wedding. You're right...time flies when you're having fun!!!!

I can see Lucky was just exhausted but think of it this way - he's resting up so when Trey's arrives, he'll be ready to roll!!!!

Love the 'Texas Krewe', Janie