The radio in my car has been set on 99.1 since before Thanksgiving. That is not my normal radio station I listen to, but it is the Houston station that plays Christmas music.
Growing up, I was allowed to decorate our house for Christmas (which when I was little, pretty much just entailed taking out my nativity and setting it all up) on or after my birthday.
Now that I am grown and married, my sweet Hubby is a little more lenient with me and lets me decorate after Thanksgiving- woohoo! I think he secretly loves Christmas just as much as I do, so he doesn't mind.
Since I was due with Trey any day at Thanksgiving, our family came here to celebrate with us and helped me decorate the house. I am so thankful that we took care of the decorating then, since I had Trey early the following week after turkey day!
For some reason, our song of choice this Christmas season in the Jacobs household has been "WinterWonderland". More specifically, Hubby and I find ourselves singing this song often but starting with the "in the meadow we can build a snowman" line. I think it may have something to do this this adorable lil snowman who lives with us!
Poor Trey, his Mama went a little crazy at Old Navy before he was born and stocked up on Christmas apparel. He can be seen wearing holiday-related onesies on most days...
 |
| This was taken Dec. 1st. Trey was 4 days old! |
...and Christmas PJ's most nights!
Thank goodness we celebrate Christmas until twelfth-night in this house (when we tear down all the Christmas decor and promptly put up our fun Mardi Gras stuff!!!!)
Lil man will have plenty of time to wear all his Christmas gear. On a side note, I am very glad I got him 0-3 months as he has outgrown most newborn clothes.
Here are some of the recent Christmas-related happenings at the Jacobs' house!
 |
| Dec. 13th- Trey went to watch his cousin Adelle's Christmas program at school. |
 |
| 2 weeks and 2 days old |
 |
| Sissy and I and our babes! |
 |
| Xzaiver and his mommy came to visit on Dec 14th. |
 |
| Trey and Xzaiver were born on the same day! |
 |
| Family photo before going to see Santa on Dec. 15th. |
 |
| Trey met Santa at Bass Pro when he was only 2 weeks and 4 days old! He told Santa he wants a little Bergeron cousin this year more than anything else and his mommy and daddy would have to agree with that wish! |
 |
| Lil man wearing his Mama's Mr. Bingle PJ's from when she was a baby. |
We opened gifts early with the Tolers since we are not going home for Christmas this year. We usually go to Leslie's parents house Christmas morning to open gifts with them. We will miss doing that this year!
 |
Cousins in their Christmas PJ's after opening gifts (Trey 2.5 weeks, Adelle 2.5 years, Quinn 7 months) |
 |
| She is SO proud! |
 |
| Quinn got into opening gifts and pulled the paper out of some of his bags! |
 |
| Here is Trey with his first gift! |
 |
| The gift-opening pro in action. |
 |
| Kev was pumped to say the least about his Steen's syrup. Can't wait to tear that up on some biscuits! |
 |
| Trey's Nanny and Parrain bought him a brick at LSU in front of Mike's cage!! It will say "Trey Jacobs Geaux Tigers" I cannot wait for it to be finished so we can go see it! |
 |
| My beautiful best friend and sweet Quinn! |
 |
| Love this lil godbaby! |
 |
| We all wore our PJ's and decided it would be a yearly tradition to do so every year! |
 |
| Daddy has been reading Christmas books to Trey to get him in the Christmas spirit. |
Now we are impatiently awaiting the arrival of our Christmas guests! Grammy and Peet will be here today and will be staying until Wednesday and Aunt Jamie, Aunt Jutta and MawMaw will be here Monday staying through Friday.
Can't wait to have everyone here! Even though it does make me sad that this if the first year ever we have not been home for Christmas... We will miss you, O'Mearas!
Only 3 more days until Christmas! What kinds of pre-Christmas fun have you been having?
i
2 comments:
Ya'll are always in my thoughts and I know your home will be full of love, laughter & fun!!! Hugs and kisses all around, all the time and blessings galore!!!
Janie
Can't wait to get my arms around that boy . . .
Another fun tradition is a Christmas caroling party! We used to sing Christmas Carole's in-house. The kids used to live singing the songs. The best part was we made song books and every year we'd sign with special messages. I sure do miss family/friends traditions....
Post a Comment