Friday, April 11, 2014

What's Your Story?

Some of my favorite bloggers have been posing about "a day in the life" and showcase a normal day in their house. I've also seen recent posts of "a photo an hour". I have been wanting to do a post like this for a while, especially now that I am home more and we have such a good schedule.

This week, my cousin, Stephanie, wrote a post about sharing your story so I figured it was the perfect time!

So, without further ado, here was how our Thursday broke down hour by hour with a photo taken at each hour.

7:00am- Trey is up and talking in his bed. I go get him and he asks for milk the second his feet touch the ground. He drinks some of his milk then wants breakfast, so I fix him a waffle and he goes to town at his little table eating breakfast. He also cries for jello (What???) so after telling him "no" three times, I figure there are worse things and give him the jello. He devours it and is a happy camper :)


8:00- Trey watches the Chica Show and plays while I pick up around the house a bit and eat some cereal for breakfast. Of course, he immediately wants what I'm having so he comes over and mooches 1/4 of my "Go Lean Crunch"...good thing he's cute...


9:00- We head to Challenger 7 Memorial Park to take some pictures with a friend of mine from work. I just let Trey run around and do his thing and also walk Lucky. I end up with some really adorable pics and I'm really happy with them.


10:00- We leave the park and get home just in time to strip Trey out of his clothes full of pollen and he falls asleep in my arms. I lay him in his bed for nap time.


11:00- Trey is still napping and I'm in the kitchen making cold brew coffee in my Toddy... :) YUM! I'm trying a new kind of coffee from Aldi- Beaumont Brewing Co. coffee. I am strictly a Community Coffee girl, but I hate to use an entire bag of CC coffee to make my brew. We will see how  it turns out...as I finish (a little before 12), I hear a little peanut talking so I open the door to see this little face!


12:00- Trey is awake and ready for lunch. I start to fix his lunch and he picks out a Nutrigrain bar, grapes and crunchies to eat. I realize today is going to be "one of those days" for his meals, but I figure it can always be worse and I just go with it. He keeps making his hilarious face while he eats which makes me laugh hysterically every time.


1:00- A load of laundry is on and we're playing with all of his fun toys.


2:00- I'm packing up to leave the house and see Trey taking all the shoes out of the bucket. He picks out a pair of bright green crocs and insists on wearing them, even though they are still a little big...



Then, we are running errands to Kroger and CVS. We needed a couple of things from the store. Bagels and muffins were BOTH BOGO free- super score!! We pick up my Rx from CVS as well and Trey flirts with all the ladies and has them all playing peek-a-boo with him behind the corner...spoiled.


3:00- We are back home and playing outside because it is an absolutely gorgeous day! We share a snack of blueberry muffins, blueberries and fruit snacks and Trey has water and I also have a Kind Bar and sweet tea :)


4:00- We are back inside for a bit and read a book. Trey says "GG" and "Puh" over and over again and points to their pictures. I also think I hear him saw "MawMaw" when he sees her photo!



(4:30) He decides he is sleepy and wants some milk. He drinks a sippy of milk and then goes dodo on my lap. I snuggle him a bit then lay him down in his bed. He usually only takes one nap per day but he had a shorter morning nap so today he takes an extra nap.



5:00- Trey is still napping so I tackle this huge pile of laundry (I cannot even believe I am sharing this, but it's part of our story, right?) I secretly think about leaving them for GG to fold for me but realize its a whole 'nother week til she is here so I put on my big girl panties and do it myself. :) I also get dinner prepped- meatball and veggie pasta.



6:00- Trey is still asleep. I am just starting to think I need to go wake him up when I hear him talking. I go get him up and get his dinner ready. He has red beans, pasta and mixed vegetables. He eats all his food then wants more pasta so I refill his plate twice with more. Then he has two cookies and requests another jello....this kid...



7:00- Bath time! Trey loves taking a bath so most nights I let him play for a while in the tub before actually bathing him. Oh and even better, we just heard from Daddy that he's on his way home... YAY!



8:00- Trey has his PJ's on. Daddy is home and  Mama and Daddy are sitting down at the table to eat dinner. We snap a  family selfie :)



9:00- By 9, Trey is in bed. Since he took two naps, he does not go to sleep at his normal bedtime, so we put him to bed a little later. We can still hear him talking in there, but we do not let him stay up past 9, so to bed it is!

10:00- We are usually in bed around 10:00 but we had a couple episodes of Greys Anatomy to catch up on, so we watch those, are exhausted then get in bed by 11. Too tired to take a pic and plus I'm sure you can do without a picture of us laying on the couch haha....

Good night!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful day. I know there will be more clothes for me to fold next week ;)! I love you all

Stephanie Y. said...

I love this! Glad I inspired you a bit. :-)

Trey is a veteran selfie taker, apparently! Looks so natural.