At the start of 2012, my friend Craig told me that one of his NY Resolutions was to hold himself more accountable even when no-one was watching. I really liked this resolution and decided to borrow it for my own. I have also started thinking about what I would be giving up for Lent this year (being the good little Catholic girl that I am). In the past I have given up caffeine (WHAT a mistake, I was an evil person!), chocolate, sweets, candy, swearing and a few more things I am sure I have forgotten by now.
In keeping with my "holding myself accountable" resolution, I decided this year I would give up laziness. Now, if you know me, you know I LOVE naps. Giving up being lazy refers to anything from taking the easy way out at work or at home, to only taking the stairs at work and even making sure I work out at least three times a week. The aforementioned tasks are things I usually do anyway, except one- working out at least three times a week. Working out is my weakness. I loathe it. I know people always say they feel better after they work out, but I don't. I feel tired. (He he!)
This year for Lent, I am making sure I work out at least three times a week. I started yesterday. I downloaded the C25K (Couch To 5k) app for my phone and have used it twice already. It starts you off slow, promising that you will be able to run a 5k (without walking) in 8 weeks. I will try to let you know my progress as I go. I know some of you are runners and probably think this is sort of silly...
From one NON-runner, this will be a tremendous challenge for me! The Hubster and I already eat pretty healthy during the week (we tend to do whatever we want on weekends), so there really wasn't anything else I thought would be as tough as this challenge. I also intend to continue working out after the 8 weeks and after Lent is over, but I figured this would be a good start!
I also thought blogging about it would make me hold myself more accountable. Although I am not brave enough to post my weight on the internet for all to see, I will post updates as they occur ;)
So here's to Day 2, Week 1 of the C25K. Already looking forward to tomorrow!
4 comments:
What a great resolution/Lenten promise, Liz!
As a "runner" I'd never think anyone getting more into running is silly! And the C25k plan is supposed to be a great way to do it.
Have you ever thought about joining dailymile.com? I love the community there - it's very uplifting. You post your runs and workouts and your friends can comment and send you motivation. If you join, let me know and I'll hook you up with some sweet motivational runner friends.
Good luck with running!! I never thought I would be a runner, let alone a long distance runner. I've definitely gotten out of practice since Ronan, but I'm trying to get a few runs a week in to get back in shape. It gets easier!!
Thank you so much for the motivation ladies! I have joined up for dailymile but just haven't had time to play around with it yet. Today is day three of run/walking and I'm loving it so far. It was always hard to motivate myself to run. I would get a little tired then stop there was nothing to push me. With my C25K app I have all the motivation I need (for not at least!)
Awesome! Friend me up - stephinmd. http://www.dailymile.com/people/stephinmd
Post a Comment