One Friday afternoon, GG and Trey loaded up their bags and headed to Louisiana for a week! I was so excited for Trey to have some good 1:1 time with his GG and for me to have the same with little baby Wes. Trey was SO pumped to go they left the house before 8:30!
Saturday morning, they packed up the car and headed to Baton Rouge to see Mike the Tiger on their way to baby Hayes first birthday party.
Mike was snoozing in the corner of his cage and they said Trey kept yelling at him "wake up Mike!!" Mike kept getting up and moving to a new spot away from where Trey was, lol!
After hanging out with Mike, they went to the Mall to ride the carousel and cool off. You can really tell from these pictures how much Trey was missing us...
There was also a train they rode, so you know Trey loved that!
Sunday morning, they headed back to Baton Rouge to bring Trey to his first movie- Minions! I was worried about how he would do but they reported he ate his popcorn and sat through the whole movie although he asked "what happened" and "whats that" about 4,930 times throughout the show. I was so proud of him that he sat through the whole thing!
After the movie, they played a couple games in the arcade before heading back home.
Later on that evening, Trey helped GG with her crossword puzzle...
...and very intently played on his leap pad :)
Meanwhile back home, we enjoyed some quiet time with each other and little Wesley :)
Look how long this stinker is?! He can touch end to end in GG's bath tub!
The next four mornings (I think) they walked across the street to the splash park for Trey to run around and play before it got too hot.
Thursday evening, we FaceTimed for the last time as they would be leaving Friday morning to head back home!
Friday when Trey got home, he couldn't wait to hold and love all over Wes.
I made us a short pot of coffee and I enjoyed mine while watching this sweet scene go down...be still my heart...
Trey decorated and helped wrap all the gifts for Wesley's Sip and See party while in Louisiana and couldn't wait to help us open them all!
I know Trey had a fantastic time back home in Louisiana. Although I missed him, I am so glad he gets to do these things with his GG and Puh and so glad that he has so much fun with them. He is already talking about going back to spend another week at his GG's house and planning out all the fun they are going to have!
1 comment:
We loved having Trey spend time with us! We are already making a list of things to do the next time that he is here. Can't wait until Wes is old enough to come too! I love you all
Post a Comment