When the 2015 NFL schedules came out and I saw the Saints were coming to play the Texans here in Houston, I knew I wanted to go. When I saw the game was not on Thanksgiving weekend (so we would have babysitters in town) but also on my actual birthday, I knew I had to go!
Jim got us tickets from a vendor at work that also came with a valet parking pass which was pretty sweet!
As big of a football fan as I am, I have never been to a Saints game but have always wanted to go! I've been to plenty my fair share of games in the superdome however, usually watching my Tigers win big...(besides that one game vs. Alabama, of course...)
So, we geared up and headed out to tailgate with one of our favorite guys and Steph before the game! Our boys stayed home with GG and Puh and were super excited to look for us on the tv, lol!
They had a big krewe come in from NOLA for the game and we had fun tailgating with them before heading to the stadium.
We had great seats! Sitting in an endzone is my most favorite place to watch a game (I think that stems from all the games spent watching from LSU's student section...).
we were surrounded by Texans fans, but had a great time on our little day date!
Then it got ugly for the Who Dats...real ugly... so I enjoyed a Crispin and Blue Moon cinnamon horchada to help my sadness. LOL! This mixture of beer quickly became a favorite and I also enjoyed it later when we were back in NRG stadium to watch LSU whip up on Texas Tech (but more on that later!)
Alan and his wife were not too sad about the game as they are Texans fans :)
Mike and Steph invited us to go back and tailgate with them after the game, but mommy duty was calling so I had to take care of a little business in the car on the way home, lol! Side note...when we picked up the truck from the valet parking, it had been detailed and they even gave us a free poster, which was pretty cool. We drove away feeling sad about our loss but pretty fancy with our parking situation...
After the game we headed home to dinner made by Puh Puh and a yummy cheese cake and a little birthday celebration with all my favorite little people.
31 is already starting off to be a great year! Thanks to everyone for making my day so special, and especially for my awesome hubby for a fun date!!!
1 comment:
You sure had a fun birthday! Love the have pump, will travel pic 😉! I love you all
Post a Comment