From my OB appointment at 36 weeks and 3 days:
Baby's HR was 144-150 (sort of all over the place) and my BP was good. I got checked and I am still not dilated but am 50% effaced. Yay for progress but baby needs to stay put until my OB is back from vacation on June 11th! I am still having lots of pain and pressure and I had a lot of cramping again after this appointment just like the last one.
From my OB appointment at 37 weeks and 2 days:
Dr. H was on vacation so I saw Liza, her NP, who is awesome and I really like. Baby's HR was 142 and my BP was good. I was dilated to 1 cm and still about 50% effaced with baby very low in birth canal. Trey was a good boy (as usual at the dr's office) and the ladies in the front were waiting for him with suckers when we went to check in :) Having lots and lots of pressure and pain following my appointment.
From my OB appointment at 38 weeks and 5 days:
Baby's HR was 151 and my BP was good. I was dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced. My hands and face are SOOO super swollen it's not even funny and I am SO ready for this baby to be here! After my appointment, we did our pre-op paperwork and bloodwork to get ready for Monday.
Maternity clothes? Absolutely! The only non-maternity clothes I am wearing are non-maternity scrub pants (just a size-up) and Jim's t shirts and pants to sleep in.
Sleep: Sleep is still pretty good except I cannot make it all night without getting up at least once to pee. I am able to go right back to sleep though.
Best moment(s) the last few weeks: Getting everything baby-related and house-related checked off our "to do" lists...what a great feeling! We are all cleaned up, packed up and ready for this little one to get here! Also enjoying the last few days as a family of three has been great although tiring at times but fantastic!
Movement: Yes! Still feeling lots of movement but I can tell a big difference that baby does not have much room at all in there. I can feel his or her head at times turning side to side in my pelvis- let me tell you that is NOT fun.
Food cravings: Nothing really- have been drinking lots of lemonade and having lots of popsicles but I think that is due to the heat not a craving.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I have been nauseated lately at least once a day. I think baby is just so big he or she is pushing on my stomach. I also have killer heartburn regardless of what I eat. Tums have become my best friend. I cannot make it through a day without eating them at least once but usually 2-3 times.
Gender: Have felt like this baby is a girl from day 1, but all of a sudden I feel like it's a boy, so who knows! Jim is pretty convinced it is a boy even though most everyone thinks it's a girl, so I guess we shall see...
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and feeling a little anxious about splitting my time between Trey and the new baby and how he will react to his new sibling. I haven't felt anxious about this until now though.
We've been having lots of little Mama/Trey dates lately to soak up our last few days with him as an only child.
With my growing tummy, he is quickly running out of lap room but is usually content with wiggling himself into place somehow or laying down in my lap on the couch.
Meeting this little love bug and FINALLY finding out what he or she is!!! Is it Baby Wesley or Baby Ruth in there?!?!
I can barely stand it! I also cannot wait to see how Trey reacts to being a big brother. He sure talks a lot about the baby and seems really really excited about the new baby so I hope it continues after the baby is here.
My family is all here and just waiting for bebe to get here in the morning!!! We went today and got pedicures and really enjoyed our last day as a family of three... So exciting!
2 comments:
We all may be too excited to sleep tonight! My heart is full, can't wait to meet the newest addition to our family. I love you all
Can't wait to see your new addition!!
Post a Comment