I had the best surprise ever a couple weeks ago at work- a surprise baby shower!! It was complete with both pink and blue decorations and TWO cakes! The cakes ended up being a mistake (the cake was supposed to be half pink and half blue) but it ended up being just perfect!
My co-workers and friends at work had been planning it for a few weeks and they really got me- I was very much surprised.
Mama was in town for Adelle's Pre-School graduation, so Lesli was about to tell her about the shower and she and Trey were able to be there too which made it even more sweet.
Trey asked for pink cake even though he consistently says this baby is a boy or a brother.
Trey had a great time helping me open all the gifts and he even got a few for himself which was super sweet!
Lesli said she couldn't help herself and had to get a baby sister and baby brother outfit but gave me the gift receipt so I could return whichever was needed :)
This little basket from the girls in administration and HR was super cute!
A quick little shot of my hostesses and I :)
My co workers on the 3rd floor all pitched in to give money. I seriously laughed out loud when I saw it was in a STAT bio-hazard lab bag, haha!
People were told to take either blue or pink cake depending on what they think the baby is.
It goes to show you what most people think this baby is when you look at the ratio of blue to pink cake that was left over!!! :)
I was SO glad my mama and my baby got to be there!
Trey was SUPER excited he got to bring all the balloons home!
When we got home we sorted through everything and made a list so I could start on thank you notes. We got SO many nice things!!
I love my work family so much and really appreciate them throwing us this surprise shower. I cannot wait to share our good news with them and show them if we have a baby girl or boy!!
1 comment:
Trey was excited when I told him that we were going to a party for "Mama and Baby Kermie". The cakes were cute and everyone commented on how many people selected a pink piece! You have great coworkers! I love you all
Post a Comment