We had a great time celebrating both Mother's Day and Father's Day this year! We were sad that we could not go home to Louisiana to celebrate with everyone at the Herrings but at that time we were too close to our due date to travel back home.
Jim asked me what I wanted to do for Mothers Day and my requests were simple, I wanted to hang out, do something fun with Trey, go to church and wanted Jim to grill me something for dinner.
I was brought breakfast and coffee in bed then we got moving for church.
Jim asked me what I wanted to do for Mothers Day and my requests were simple, I wanted to hang out, do something fun with Trey, go to church and wanted Jim to grill me something for dinner.
I was brought breakfast and coffee in bed then we got moving for church.
Trey was very good during mass; probably because we bribed him with being able to throw coins in the fountain outside if he was good, but hey, whatever works right!
After mass, we headed to one of our favorite mexican restaurants, Lunas, for lunch. It was so sweet, they gave all the mom's carnations when we walked in.
Trey had fun coloring while we waited for our food to arrive.
Love these sweet guys!
After naps (for us all!!) Trey and Jim started hunting lizards in the backyard. They worked hard and finally tracked one down!
Someone was just a little excited to find another lizard. This picture cracks me up!
After the lizard hunt, they cooked dinner and we ate outside. It was the end to a perfect day!
I got lots of love for Mother's Day and really enjoyed looking at all my sweet cards and homemade gifts and flowers throughout the next week.
And of course, I am always so thankful to this little guy for making me a mom!
Jim also had a wonderful Fathers Day! Fathers day was our first family holiday as a family of four! I let Jim be spoiled and brought him coffee in bed while we hung out and Trey watched shows. Trey colored a travel coffee mug for Jim and we also got him some beard oil along with cards. Jim is always the one taking care of us so it was nice to bring him coffee in bed for once!
First Fathers Day as a dad of 2!
Trey has really been into drawing fish lately and has been doing really well with them. He drew these fish for Uncle T's Fathers Day card and I had to take a picture as it was the first fish he drew. It was also the first picture he has drawn. He dictated to Jim what shapes to draw and Jim drew those on the card as well. I just love his little fish though they look really good!
Sunday afternoon, the Tolers came over and the boys met Wesley for the first time! Just look at those faces!
Uncle Robert and Nae also came over to visit and get their Wesley fix :)
We also got a semi decent picture of the two daddies and all their babies. I cannot believe we have 5 kids between our two families!!!
We had two great weekends being spoiled and loved by our friends and family. I don't take any of these little moments for granted, they sure make life so sweet!
2 comments:
Sweet post-love my family!
Congratulations on your new little boy!
Post a Comment