40 Weeks {Baby #2}
Wesley Michael Jacobs was born June 15, 2015 at 7:42 am. He weighed 8 lb 4 oz and was 21 3/4 inches long- big boy! I will be posting more details on his birth but for now here is our last "pregnancy" update at 40 weeks. By 40 weeks, our son was in our arms and we couldn't be happier!!
Total weight gain: 15 lbs lost since his birth
Maternity clothes? Maternity pants still as my normal shorts and pants hit at my incision and is uncomfortable. I think I will be able to go back to normal ones shortly though probably just a bigger size.
Sleep: Haha! I crash after nursing Wesley for the last time and only wake up when he starts to stir to nurse again! My bed also never felt so comfortable after sleeping in the hospital bed for 3 nights!
Best moment(s) the last few weeks: Getting to meet our little baby and finding out that I was WRONG this entire time and that we have a BOY! It was the most amazing thing for Jim to tell me what he was in the operating room.
Gender: IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!
Symptoms: At one week postpartum my swelling is finally gone- thank the lord. I even had some swelling in my ankles in feet that started after delivery which was super weird. I am also having some aches and pains and trying to get used to the first couple weeks of nursing, but no real complaints. I listened to people's advice and pretty much took the pain meds around the clock for the first week but I have weaned myself off now.
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy!!!! I have been crying the happiest of tears every day, multiple times a day. Just about everything makes me cry. I think about this perfect little life- I cry; I think about my adoring and amazing husband-I cry; I think about how I gave Trey something I never had (a sibling)- I cry; I watch Trey being so sweet with Wesley- I cry. You get the point... :)
Anything new? Getting adjusted to having two kids has (so far) been pretty seamless. Jim and I usually tag team them. I'm looking forward to having Trey home with me in the next couple of weeks and adjusting even more to being a family of 4.
Trey's adjustment: He is a phenomenal big brother! He has exceeded our expectations of how he would react to his little brother and sharing attention. He really really loves his little brother and loves to hold him. He is a great helper and loves to be our "runner"; getting us this and that whatever we need. He talks so sweetly to Wesley and Wesley just turns his little head right to Trey and looks at him wide-eyed when he talks to him. It's so sweet. We are still making sure we each spend 1:1 time with Trey although I usually have Wesley a little more since I am nursing him. So far so good with our adjustment though- I couldn't ask for it to have gone any better!
Looking forward to: Getting to know our baby even more and enjoying this little family of 4!
2 comments:
I cried while reading this post-surprise, surprise ;)! I love my grandbabies and their Mama and Daddy!
Congrats!!!!!! So happy for all of you!
Post a Comment