Thursday, June 21, 2012

100 of my favorite things! (Just kidding...)

I noticed today that I have 99 posts on my blog, which makes this little rambling number 100! For my 100th post I could (and should) have come up with something entirely new and creative... but let's not forget that I'm busy growing a tiny human here and working full-time, so I took the easy route instead.

Today I will be sharing with you some of my current favorite beauty-related-things! Don't worry, the title is just to throw you off, I'm not sure I even have 100 favorite things...I am also not too much of a girly-girl, so it's surprising that I have so many favorite beauty-related things right now...Could it be my impending motherhood making me feel more feminine???

Can you believe it? It is a rare non-pregnancy-related post!

In no particular order, here they are:

1. ANYTHING coconut/beachy/fresh smelling. I am obsessed with all things beachy and fruity thanks to my Sissy. Right now I am loving Bath and Body Works Vanilla Lemon lotion, my Victoria Secret Pink Fresh and Clean body spray and my Coconut Lime Verbena hand soap also from B&BW.

Photo from amazon.com

Victoria Secret

2. Dry Shampoo. Oscar Blandi (from Sephora). I scored this little gem on clearance for $3 a few months ago, and I still have TONS left in the bottle. I was a little skeptical about why it was on clearance, but it works just perfectly. It is also lemon-scented, so you know I am digging that right now. IMHO, the powder kind of dry shampoo works much better than any aerosol kind I have tried. To me, those kinds always run out of aerosol before I can use up all the juice :( BUMMER! Also, I have tried to travel with them and the nozzle always seems to get pressed and once again I lose all my juice, not to mention dry shampoo all over your other toiletries, double bummer.

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo

3. Lip Gloss. This is a no-brainer. I love lip gloss year round (and am openly addicted to chap stick), but especially during the summer months. My current fave happens to be from Sephora, Femme Couture Super Juices with Vitamin E. I have had it for a while, and could not find a photo of it on Sephora's website. Hoping it is not discontinued... :( :( :(

3. Essie nail polish. Currently digging eternal optimist, but thinking I need to branch out to some brighter summer colors here soon...

Essie

4. H&M. The entire store. In general. Our brand spankin' new H&M just opened in our mall. I have been to the mall three times in the last three weeks. I am not a huge "mall" fan and have been more in these last few weeks than I've been the entire time I have lived here, lol! Although they do have a maternity line, our brand-new store here only carries regular H&M, kiddo and plus size...boo! :( Nonetheless, they have lots of super cue non-maternity things that I've been buying, wearing and loving! My old co-worker (but still current friend!) Camilla dubbed me as a "trendy-pregger"- Lord I miss that girl! Not sure how trendy myself or my bump has been lately, but I'll take that compliment any day for sure! :)


5. DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I am HOPING this will soon become one of my favorite things! A friend told me about this product and I have read no less than 50 reviews on it- all of which cite it as simply amazing. Stay tuned to see how it works out for me and my pregnancy acne. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that I love it as much as she (and all those other people) do!

Found Here


2 comments:

Stephanie Y. said...

I will expect a full review/update about that cleanser. I'm always looking for a good cleanser.

Anonymous said...

You remain the most beautiful young woman I know! (Pee)