I had an AWESOME surprise yesterday and got to see Baby J on ultrasound again! (Last time was at 12 weeks...) Thank goodness for wonderful fellow medical-field friends!
When the wee-one first appeared on the screen, he or she had the hiccups and I must add that it was one of the cutest things I have EVER seen!! Baby's whole little body was jumping with each hiccup then it would settle down right before another big one would hit. It was simply adorable. I only wish Daddy could have been there to see the lil one in real time! Since he wasn't able to attend the NT scan (12 week ultrasound), he hasn't seen little peanut in action since our very first US where he or she sort of resembled a gummy bear.
Soon after the hiccups subsided, Baby began to suck his or her little thumb and we got this priceless shot! Look at those perfect little fingers!!! Ah, be still my heart...
During the ultrasound, my sonogram-tech friend (who will remain nameless to protect the innocent but will be referred to as V) shared a story with me about when she scanned "real babies". She, I and the other girls in the room laughed, although we knew what she meant. V said it is much more fun to scan all her friends than it ever was to scan strangers when she was an OB sonogram tech...I can totally see what she meant! There we all were, enthralled at what was happening on the screen. None of us could take our eyes off!
Baby J was sitting like a little froggie, as my friend J demonstrated up against the wall for us all :) Baby was almost sitting upright in there instead of laying down, it was so funny to see.
Unfortunately, Baby would not cooperate for us to be able to find out the gender, although V said she has a pretty good idea if Baby J is a HE or a SHE. She just did not feel comfortable telling us without being 100% sure, which I definitely appreciated! Nothing would be worse than finding out the gender and having it be WRONG! :( Could you imagine the headaches with returns in stores...sheesh...
So because of the non-cooperative wee one, we will have to wait until 20 weeks like normal people do...boo! :( After a long discussion, Hubby and I decided it WILL in fact be much more fun to wait 4 more weeks and let the anticipation build up before our BIG ultrasound at the doctor's office. We think it will just make it that much better when we DO find out.
We are currently brain-storming for a creative way to fell family and friends, so any suggestions are welcome... No offense to those who have done or plan to do this, but I might add that we will NOT be having a gender reveal party, so please no suggestions about those... I was thinking maybe we will bring both a blue and pink shirt to the appointment then send family and friends a picture of us in whichever color corresponds to the baby's gender...but heck, who am I kidding?! I'll probably be too excited and call y'all and scream the gender out like word-vomit!! :) We will see...
| Baby J aka "alien baby". He or she is like whatchu lookin' at!?!?! |
Baby J has come a long way in just (almost) 16 short weeks...Here is a look back at our three ultrasounds thus far...
| 7 weeks, 2 days |
| 12 weeks, 2 days |
| 15 weeks, 3 days |
3 comments:
Little love, already has my heart! I love you all!
The thumbsucking shot is nothing short of spellbinding. And, hey, I was a thumbsucker til kindergarten! Love y'all! (Pee)
Oh my goodness . . . I actually see Baby J's face . . . and that's pretty good for someone who knows close to nothing about ultrasound pics!!! Remind me to thank Baby J for the photo so poor ole Janie can stay up with the crowd!!!!
Post a Comment