| Happy Father's Day!! ! (One day late) |
How far along: 16 weeks and 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: 2 lb this week (8 lbs total) Definitely making up for all those weeks with no gain in the first trimester!! :P
Maternity clothes? Still wearing a mixture of non-maternity and maternity, but am starting to notice my non-maternity shirts are getting shorter as my chest and belly grow :) I think my non-maternity slacks may have to be retired here in the next couple of weeks.
Sleep: Sleeping good. Taking a couple of naps during the week after work, but nothing like I was doing in the 1st trimester. It is hard for me to get out of bed in the mornings, I am SO snuggled up and comfy...
Best moment(s) this week: Oh lots again! Sunday I organized my closet and put my non-maternity clothes in a big bin to make room for my new maternity things. Tuesday we had a surprise ultrasound to see if we could determine Baby J's gender. Baby was NOT cooperating, so we decided to wait until our 20 week scan (in 4 more weeks). Wednesday, Baby J moved around SO much! I felt him or her a couple of times throughout the day "fluttering" around in there! Also Wednesday, Baby J's Nanny dropped off a super sweet package of books for the "book of the month club". We will get one book every month while we wait for our lil one's arrival!! Saturday we got to spend all day with the Dellie-Badger (more on that here!) and Sunday had a lovely father's day dinner at Ichibon with the besties. Today we had our 16 week checkup and got to hear Baby J's heartbeat- a strong 154 BPM.
Movement: The little flutters I felt weeks ago have been back off and on and I have also felt a sort of "thumping" or "plucking" feeling that has happened once or twice. Nothing definitive yet, but can't wait for that.
Food cravings: Hubby said he witnessed me doing "something pregnant" for the first time. It was 10 pm and I went into the kitchen, picked up a leftover box of shrimp poppers and french fries from the weekend and ate them on the couch. He looked over at me with such a look of disbelief on his face- it was too funny!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still raw meats.
Gender: Less than 4 more weeks to go until we find out if Baby J is a HE or a SHE. Most people think Baby J is a boy....
Symptoms: My back has been sore and I feel like a nerve is being pinched. I guess things are just starting to shift around in there...
Belly button in or out? In (that is my scrub-tie in the picture above, not belly button, people!) :)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Still happy but definitely way more emotional than I used to be for sure. I have cried three times this week- mostly over happy things...geez...
Anything new? Besides the slight flutters and such my belly has been sore lately. I sometimes forget it's there and try to get up quickly or sneeze or cough and feel like I have pulled a muscle- ouch! I know this is only going to get worse so I better get used to it...
Looking forward to: Looking forward to starting on the chair rail, beadboard, and painting the nursery. We have narrowed our paint choices down to 2, yay! Also looking forward to babysitting the QT this weekend.
Exercise this week: I didn't make it to the gym at all, even though I actually had the gym bag packed and in the car for most of the week! :( I did however start doing light weights (I did arms and chest this week).
According to Baby Center: Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, Baby J will double his or her weight and add inches to length. Right now, he or she is about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Baby J can also now hear voices and sounds! Hope he or she likes mama's singing cuz they sure hear a lot of it!! :)
![]() |
| Khakis from ON Maternity and shirt is non-maternity that I've had forever... |
![]() |
| Slacks from ON Maternity, Shirt ON maternity, Cardigan Target (non-maternity). |
Can't wait to see you all again in one week! I hear Baby J will DOUBLE in size over the next few weeks, so look for some belly-growage I am sure! :)


3 comments:
Please read this to Baby J- Grammy loves you and can't wait to meet you! I love you all :)
Tell the GCOMH I love him/her!! I love you and Jim, too! (Pee)
Whoo Hoo growth spurt here it comes!!! Tell Baby J that his/her Janie is getting ready!!!
Post a Comment