When I got to college, I continued to work out, running along the little lake by my on-campus apartment on nice fall days and also doing pilates and weights at home. As most of you know, I started off at a Northwestern, a smaller "directional college" as most people in Louisiana call them (ex. Southeastern, Northwestern, ect). We had a friend who played baseball and one who was an equipment manager so we could usually go to the athlete weight room whenever we wanted to. (Could you ever imagine little peons like us working out in the Jeff Boss locker room? Come on now!) I also took an exercise fitness and kickboxing class during each of these two years, which helped keep the weight off...
Anyway, I managed to miss gaining the dreaded "freshmen 15" and stayed pretty much the same size through my sophomore year as well.
After my sophomore year, I transferred from the quaint lil college in Natchitoches to the big dog-the flag ship university, LSU. Here I met new friends, got back in touch with old ones, had way too many late nights at Fred's, JL's, (was that the name of it??), Walk-Ons and Superior and managed to put on 20 lbs by the time I graduated! :( Wowzer!
While there I also joined the YMCA, which I obviously didn't go as much as I should have. That place also proved to be quite interesting with a guy who I thought was very cute, eventually asked me out then turned out to be a former adult film star (hence the title of this post). No mom, I never went out with him, but it does make for a good story. Anyone who is interested in that whole story let me know and I'll tell you later... ;)
Since college, I have always had a gym membership, moving around from gym to gym. I've tried small gyms, larger gyms. It's always the same story, this girl just does not like to work out! Hubby and I have a membership at the same gym. Both of us have been pretty much slacking off from gym work outs and leaning more towards working out at home lately. Hubby got the new TRX system and really likes it and I've been doing random things, trying to see what works.
Since being pregnant, I have tried to at least do some cardio each week, but that hasn't always happened. I tried Prenatal Yoga a couple of weeks ago and truly loved it. I always thought I didn't like yoga, but honestly had no idea what it was all about.
This past week has been the first week I can honestly say I have consistently worked out since being pregnant. There have been quite a few weeks where I worked out a day or two, but nothing to write home about. This past week I made a little schedule for myself and to my surprise, I pretty much stuck to it! Here is how my week ended up looking:
Sunday- weights on balance ball (focus on arms, back, chest) (45 minutes)
Monday- elliptical (40 minutes, interval)
Tuesday- weights on balance ball (focus on arms, back, chest) (45 minutes)
Wednesday- off
Thursday- Prenatal Yoga with focus on breathing, balance, stretching and relaxing techniques (1 hour)
Friday-We decided to go out to eat instead, hehe!
Saturday-TBD but will likely be some yoga and/or weights
I asked Hubby to snap a few pictures of me doing yoga one night as he stated "you look really pregnant doing that move". He clarified by saying the bump was really sticking out :) but I needed proof. Here's the bump in action...
I know it's not much, but for someone who LOATHES working out, this was a huge step for me. Here's to another good, productive, but most importantly active week ahead! :)


4 comments:
Way to go, Liz! And doing a lot of this at home is impressive. I have the hardest time convincing myself to work out at home. Scheduling really works wonders. When I say at the beginning of the week that I will workout on these exact days, I usually do. Keep up the good work!
Yep, he's right. You certainly do look pregnant, and adorable, doing that move! (Pee)
Thanks! I agree with you about the schedule- it really helps to make you stick to your plans. Today I worked out at the gym while Kev and Jim worked out. It ended up being about 1.5 hours... I am POOPED but feel great. I forgot how good it feels after a good workout...
Haha thanks! I'll teach you some moves in two weeks ;)
Post a Comment