In lieu of Insta-Friday, today I will share some photos I have taken over the last week...
I once told the Hubby before we had kiddos I NEEDED to have a DSLR camera so I could take 1000's of portraits of them each and every day and capture every sweet little moment...
The day we verified our pregnancy with our OB, we excitedly drove to the Houston Camera Exchange and picked up our new toy! I had done lots of research online, so once in the store it didn't' take me long to decide on the Canon EOS Rebel T3. We toyed between the T3 and T3i but the only major difference was the flip LCD screen and I figured for my first SLR I did not need that...
A friend at work gave me, yes GAVE ME a Canon 75-300mm lens. I am SO enthralled with this lens. I have taken pictures everyday after work this week. I am just starting out and learning about aperture, shutter speed, ISO etc etc but I figure I have some time before our lil one gets here so learn all I can.
Here are just some shots I took this week around our house. Most are of our plants and yard after a big rain and the others are of the Lucky Dog, my favorite subject to photograph! :)
![]() |
| Back yard. Foreground blurred. |
![]() |
| Love the raindrops on this caladium leaf. |
![]() |
| Took me a while to get the blur and raindrop just right, but my patience sure paid off. |
![]() |
| Tomato plant in focus, background blurred. |
![]() |
| Foreground blurred with bird house in focus. |
![]() |
| My bouquet from my bridal portraits. |
![]() |
| Rain drops on cabbage leaves. |
![]() |
| Creepy little critter crawling on my mint. |
![]() |
| Sweet puppy dog. |
![]() |
| This one is my favorite. |
![]() |
| Love the detail of his fur in these pictures! |
What type of camera and/or lens do you have? What is your favorite thing to take photos of?
We are babysitting sweet Quinn tomorrow night so I know I will have more photos to share with you following the weekend. Hope you all do something fantastic this weekend and HAPPY FRIDAY!!





















4 comments:
Love the pics- you will be an expert by the time Baby J is born! My granddog is so precious! Can't wait to see the pics of QT! Love to all!
You have the most photogenic dog in the world.
I have a Nikon DSLR and love it. I also have a 75 to 300 lens and it's a nice thing to have especially when traveling (although it can be a pain to carry around). I think the best $100 I ever spent was buying a small flash bulb for the camera. Just simply angling the flash up to the ceiling makes the photo look so much more natural than the flash that comes on the camera. Natural light is always best, but when you need to shoot in a dark-ish room, that flash bulb will make it look like daylight. :)
When I first got my camera, I forced myself to always shoot in at least P mode (not automatic). The more I learned about things, the more I used S mode (which is what I use now mainly). One day I will go to full Manual but that takes a lot of learning and mistakes. :P
I have an Olympus SP-510UZ (whatever that means!) that's several years old but still does the job. It has 10x optical zoom and does the job for me.
Practice make perfect and the more pics taken, the more comfortable you'll be with your camera when Baby J gets here.
Since I'm a computer nerd (but a cute one!) I like to manipulate my photos in Fireworks & Photoshop too.
Keep up the good work 'growing that lil' red bean'!
Janie
Great photos! My favorite is the raindrops on the cabbage leaves. (Pee)
Post a Comment