Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spending the day with our god-daughter

I never thought you could love someone else's child SO DERN MUCH until our god-daughter was born. ...

Every little step or milestone that Adelle has hit since she was born has been "my favorite". I loved when she started to coo, was enthralled when she laughed. When she started to crawl then walk, I thought it was the greatest thing ever. Her first words were recorded and re-recorded and listened to over and over again. Now, two years have already passed and each milestone is STILL my favorite one! She is now able to hold conversations with you where most times there are lengthy stories involved, play interactively with you and even speak in complete sentences.

Her birthday is not until Friday, but Buh (which is what she calls Jim) and I spent the day on Saturday doing fun things with her to celebrate her birthday. Les dropped her off a little before lunch time, we loaded up in Buh's truck and our adventure began!


We started off with lunch at McAlisters, after Chedders had a 45 minute wait... for lunch... on a Saturday...craziness I tell you! She promptly told us that she would like "cheese" for lunch which translated into mac and cheese. When we sat down she asked where her lunch was and was told she had to wait on it. We offered her snacks, but she turned them down asking for her lunch instead. Can you tell her Mommy has told her "no snack, you're about to have lunch" a time or two?
After lunch we headed to Build a Bear in the mall. She was pretty indecisive when it came to picking out her bear, so we helped her out a little. She was enthralled with the "stuffing machine" and LOVED picking out clothes for her bear. We did help color coordinate the bear's outfits just a tad. We didn't think the teddy bear wanted to wear a green and white striped skull and crossbones t shirt with sparkly purple slippers...but we could have been wrong...

Adelle named her bear "teddy bear" and they were INSTANTLY best friends. She rode with Teddy Bear on her lap all the way home and even fell asleep in the car with a tight grip on both Teddy and Teddy's shades.



When we got home, Buh carried her inside and laid her down on the couch. She only had about a 20 minute power nap, woke up then watched Sprout for a few minutes and decided she would rather play than nap, surprise surprise...

We played at our house for the rest of the day and I even got to mess around with our camera and get some really great shots of the little munchkin. We brought her home and she got to tell Mommy and Daddy all about her day!








All in all it was a great day and we had so much fun! Can't believe two years have already gone by so quickly... I feel like only yesterday Les was pregnant with her and now she has a little brother and a cousin on the way... crazy how time really does fly when you're having fun!

Go ahead and blame it on the crazy pregnancy hormones but I seriously got teary while writing this post... ;) I am very much looking forward to having cake and watching her open presents for her real birthday on Friday with the family who is here in town.

Happy Birthday precious one! We love you!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I agree-seems like it was just yesterday she was a newborn !! So glad I was finally able to meet and hold sweet baby Quinn!!! Best Saturday night I have had in awhile ;-)

Cindy said...

What a fun day! It is always great spending time with the people you love. Your post is beautiful and the pictures are wonderful! Love to all!

Anonymous said...

NOW you understand COMPLETELY why you are the COMH!!! (Pee)

Stephanie Y. said...

What a lucky girl to have you and Jim in her life. :)

Looks like a fun day.

Blondie said...

And I teared up reading your post! I have her announcement picture on the wall by my desk and I look at it every day. "Watching her grow up is so very special, thanks Les & Kev for sharing Dellie and Quinn with us!!

Janie