Friday, August 24, 2012

12th Annual Janelle LaCombe Memorial Weekend

The first weekend in August is one we look forward to every year. Our good friends put on the annual Janelle LaCombe memorial weekend to raise money for the Pointe Coupee Parish Cancer Society. It includes a co-ed softball tournament, 5k, auction and for those not athletically inclined- the beer trophy. It's completed with delicious food including pasta and jambalaya plates, fun for the kids, live music awesome support from volunteers and lots of cold beer. (Although this year, I was not able to participate in the beer-drinking...)

I honestly can't believe this memorial weekend has been occurring every August for 12 years! I remember going for the first time when I was in high-school and here I am married, and expecting our first child and still going to support this wonderful cause!

Here are some of my favorite photos from this weekend over the years...

Kevin, Doucet, LaCombe, Jarreau ( At Sandy's 2008)

Les and I (2008)

Lauren and Chico (2008)

 
Doucet's T-ball pic (2009)

Erin, LeeLee and Me (2010)


LeJeune (2010)

Charter Members team (2010)


Mrs Amy and Mama (2011)

2011

2011

Les and I after the 5k (2011)

This year, we opted out of the 5k since it was so darn hot. Mama and I had planned to walk it, but with the heat index over 100, we decided not to. I figured nearly 6 months pregnant and 100 degree temperatures were probably not a good idea...

We did a little antiquing in the morning, then headed out to the ball park just in time for lunch. We caught a couple of their games, ate lunch, stayed for the auction, and sweat our booties off. It was SO hot, but what do you expect in August? We were missing a good bit of our team this year, but it was still really great to see everyone!

And here are a few photos from this year's tourney... 

 
The Hubby in action.

Mama, Me, Les


Auction Time!

Folks during the auction.

LeJeune


Look at that super hot 3rd baseman ;)


KT up to bat.

Doucet up to bat.

Jace in action.


Mama and Mrs Amy enjoying the game (or gossiping, whichever you'd like to prefer).

I can't believe I was SO late on this post...August is almost up..sheesh...where does the time go?
For more information on the events each year, on this GREAT cause, or just about how and why this all got started, please visit: The Nells Angels Website.

Until next year...Oh man, we will have a 8 month old!!! Crazy to think...




No comments: