Monday, August 6, 2012

23 Weeks






How far along: 23 weeks and 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: No gain again this week, surprisingly! (17 lbs total) but lil man sure is growing!

Maternity clothes? Absolutely. I do still wear some pj pants/comfy pants, skirts, scrubs and shorts that are non-maternity, but for the most part I wear maternity stuff- much more comfy that way!

Sleep: Sleep this week has still been good. It's been a little weird with sleeping during the day and working at night, so I'm glad this is only for 2 more days!

Best moment(s) this week: Getting to see our friends back home this weekend was definitely a good time, as always. Also, Mama, Pee and Les got to see and feel the lil man kicking  this weekend! He was showing off for sure! Also, Lisa (my second cousin) offered to make Trey a baptismal gown, which I thought was so sweet. We have one in the O'Meara family that we all have worn for our baptism, so we will use that one with him but she will make him a bonnet/hat (what do you call it for a boy?) to wear. So so so sweet of her to offer to do that for us! :) And last but not least, can anyone say pre-season football?! Who Dat baby!

Movement: OH YES! This lil guy remains a kicker! My friend Emily tells me her lil one wiggles and squirms all day, funny how they are so different. I usually only feel him squirming around once or twice a day but feel big kicks all day long! Fun now, will probably not be so much fun once he's bigger! :( eeek! It's SO much fun to watch my belly move around when he's kicking like a maniac in there. Or maybe they aren't even kicks at all...we've been watching and cheering quite a bit for the Ryan Lochte in the Olympics. Maybe Trey is training for the 2028 games as a swimmer?

Food cravings: Still sweets. Anything and everything sweet. 

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Thank goodness!


Gender: BOY! 

Symptoms: Well, I put the bar of soap between my sheets (like the baby whisperer recommended) and have not woken up with leg cramps since...I swear! I haven't changed anything else about my diet or supplements I take, but the legs cramps have gone away. 


Belly button in or out?  In. It is getting more and more flat, however... I think I may eventually have an outie.  :(

Wedding rings on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? HAPPY!!

Anything new? Kicks are getting stronger and stronger. I feel him kicking around all day long, opposed to only at night a few weeks ago. I'm LOVING this!

Looking forward to: Getting back to normal with my work schedule.  I am over working  these strange hours! We are also painting lil man's nursery this weekend  if anyone wants to come help. I'll provide the beer. 


Exercise this week: Working crazy hours doesn't allow much time for a workout, but I did sweat my booty off Saturday at the ballpark... Does that count?

According to Baby Center: Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see him squirm underneath your clothes. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb. 

A few photos from this weekend: 







These photos were taken on my family's property on the Island. They have started to tear down the "old girl" as we call her, and it was pretty bittersweet... I wanted some photos of lil Trey at the house, because it will likely be gone before he is born. We took lots of other photos as well, so be on the lookout for those soon. :)

10 comments:

Stephanie Y. said...

It seems like Trey's name may be announced at SOCCER games with all that kicking. Or maybe he'll be the next Brad Wing. :P

Cindy said...

It was amazing seeing and feeling those kicks! Stephanie may be right about soccer- Grady and Reece can show Trey all the right moves :)! I just love the peek-a-boo belly pics that Jim took at the Old Girl! I love you all

Auntie Em said...

Sooo... just to be clear... Monogram initials will be?? If just one letter, T? :)

Important things to know!!

Love you!

Unknown said...

I had forgotten about Brad Wing for a moment.. Teehee! Hey whatever he wants to do or play is cool with us!

Unknown said...

I just emailed you those pics btw :) I am so glad trey was showing off for y'all too! :)

Unknown said...

Those are important things to know!! I think T. That way it will be less confusing if we keep it consistent :) haha love U too!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! Great time feeling our Tee Bebe KICK and move your tummy!!! I live y'all! (Pee)

Stephanie Y. said...

Forgot Brad Wing??? Girl! ;)

Blondie said...

Ok, was I the only one confused about the arms?!? Probably . . guess it's a blonde thing!!! After looking closely at the picture, I figured it out. I just couldn't understand how one of Jim's arms was tan and the other wasn't --- DUH!!!!

I'm gonna have so much fun with Trey telling him at the "Janie" stories!!!

Anonymous said...

Also, amazing about that bar of soap suggestion from that guy, huh? Dang!!! (Pee)